DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Stacking barkskin with existing natural armor

I am looking for a way to code barkskin to stack with existing natural armor. I don't want to make it generic AC, because that would apply to touch AC also. If I make it natural armor (AC: 4 natural), it uses the normal stacking rules, rather than enhancing the natural AC as it says in the spell description. AC: 4 natural enhancement doesn't work either. I thought of making it shield or armor bonus depending on the target, but that is a nuisance for the player to remember. Any ideas?

Why not making it as a misc. AC bonus (in the character sheet)? This is not automatically applied to the other AC types At least this is how I apply the "natural natural" AC bonus (of course you might want to make a note somewhere where this bonus comes from but normally this is not important anymore since any natural AC bonus coming later will be of the type "natural enhancement" usually)

Or does your campaign have spells/magical sources affecting the "natural natural" AC bonus? The "natural natural" one is usually coming from the race and never changes then, and when then there is still only one source you would have to change

EDIT: Of course one could write a short extension adding a new AC bonus type
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 5th, 2019 at 19:34.

Fantasy Grounds doesn't have two tier modifiers - "natural" is seen as an AC modifier type and so other natural modifiers won't stack. This you'll have to do manually - i.e. see what natural armour is already there and adjust the effect as needed. That is, apply the effect for the total natural AC bonus (base plus barkskin). For example, if the base natural armour AC bonus was +3 and barkskin is adding +4, then use an effect AC: 7 natural
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's what I was afraid that I was going to have to do. It is going to be tricky to remember to upgrade when his spell or animal companion's natural armor changes.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    That's what I was afraid that I was going to have to do. It is going to be tricky to remember to upgrade when his spell or animal companion's natural armor changes.
    The spell you'd have to change anyway. This is just one more thing, in a list of "things" you need to change and make sure are correct for your PC and animal companion. Make a note of it in your animal companion record.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information