FG Spreadshirt Swag

SWADE Adventures

Hello,

Will the adventures be converted to SWADE? as a new player i do find it a little confusing when some rules are different. i have seen it said that conversions are simple to do, but i havent tried to do one myself yet. Also i dont want to buy an adventure now when a SWADE version may be in the pipeline and being produced as we speak?

May i suggest a product such as a supplement conversion cheatsheet from Deluxe Edition to SWADE Possibly for each adventure product?

Sleyr

I suspect unless an official conversion guide is released for a product it will not be converted.

The difference between SWADE and SWD is minimal and I have no problem running the adventures, what problems are you having?

Edges/Hindrances/Powers

• Use the SWADE version (the links should have been updated to work with SWADE )

Skills
    • Athletics - Use the highest of Climbing/Swimming/Throwing or just use Agility
    • Common Knowledge - User Smarts

Other Rules
    • Decide on a case-by-case but normally Setting rules override core rules.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Both rulesets and all DLC already have some minor adjustments to compensate for most of the changes. A few edges/skills from SWD simply do not exist in SWADE so in those cases the SWADE ruleset will show a warning for those links.

Otherwise, publishers don't allow us to arbitrarily change their copyrighted published text so just like if you were using the physical books, making adjustments for that is on you.
    I highly suggest using the official Conversion Notes: Deluxe to Adventure Edition PDF that Pinnacle published.

Only in the case of them publishing official SWADE conversions for specific settings will we be allowed to create them, and that will depend on the developer's willingness to do so.

Thanks for the replies.

Im probably overthinking it. 2 things that come to mind is the chase mechanic seems to be different and "guts" not being in swade. i found both of your replies to be very helpful. Just as a first time savage worlds player and soon to try to DM a game i wasnt really sure how to make changes. Thanks for the guidance/tips. I just need to hop in and run it and see how it goes. Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Guts was removed in Deluxe (SWD) but still exists in Deadlands Reloaded purely as a setting rule. The skill is in the Deadlands Reloaded setting DLC for your players/NPCs to apply to their sheets. There is not going to be a SWD -> SWADE conversion guide for the Deadlands settings; instead, they are in the process of creating entirely new SWADE-exclusive editions.

And yes, the Chase rules have changed with each edition of Savage Worlds. SWADE made a complete overhaul to it. In this case, the official recommendation is just to use the one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    And yes, the Chase rules have changed with each edition of Savage Worlds. SWADE made a complete overhaul to it. In this case, the official recommendation is just to use the one you prefer.
    Chase rules have been changed with EVERY edition!

SWADE chase rules changed before it was released!

@JulioOP What I love about Savage Worlds is that the rules are simple and fast. The best tip I can give a new GM is do not worry about the rules (if finding them slows the game down), just wing it, if you need an NPC he has a d6 in any skill/trait unless you want him to be better than average (d8), or an expert (d10) or exceptional (d12), if they need to be bad at it (d4). A player does something silly and gets hurt roll 2d6 for damage. Player wants to do something there isn't a skill for, pick an attribute make them roll that on a 4+ they make it
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Chase rules have been changed with EVERY edition!

SWADE chase rules changed before it was released!
    The Chase Rules are the D&D Ranger - they change every edition, sometimes more.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioIP View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Im probably overthinking it. 2 things that come to mind is the chase mechanic seems to be different and "guts" not being in swade.
    In my running of Chases, I would note its more like regular encounters than a "mechanic". Deluxe you could throw the Chase Rules out there on a whim and they would work (it had its problems, mind you). SWADE's version will likely fall flat if you just throw it out there - much like doing a major fight on the fly. I find they work much better if I deal out the cards when I am prepping the session. Then one can look at the cards and think about some descriptors that match up to help bring the chase to life as the characters work through the cards on the table (kinda like how TAG's plup series had each club defined for a complication).

A quick "off the cuff" Chase is best done as a Quick Encounter.

More broadly, I find SWADE very backward compatible. While there are changes, the vast majority of Edges kept their name and concept. We started a campaign before the Kickstarter. I like to build out the progression of my PC just to have a feel for what advancement makes sense over time. He got "rebuilt" a number of times as various versions of SWADE was released. I realized I was not changing the progression much. I was just tweaking any change in an Edge from version to version (so had the same Edge at the same slot at the end of the day).

Thread Information