DICE PACKS BUNDLE

UI Scaling and the Background

It has come to my attention that when an image is used for the desktop background instead of a tiling pattern, the FG UI Scaling causes the image to resize leaving black areas and some tiling. Would it be possible to have the UI Scaling setting avoid changing the desktop framedef? I can't think of a situation where the scaling of the background image/pattern would be a benefit and removing the scaling from the background could allow a workaround for the lack of stretching.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

This is not the case, as far as I know. The entire frame is scaled before being displayed; not individual elements such as the background.

Do you have a sample extension which does this?

JPG

I was using one of damned's themes. I think the Curse of Strahd theme has a single image of Strahd as the background and my player (who runs FG at 67% UI Scaling) said the image was tiled horizontally but not vertically or something. He changed the scaling to 100% and it looked normal.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I was using one of damned's themes. I think the Curse of Strahd theme has a single image of Strahd as the background and my player (who runs FG at 67% UI Scaling) said the image was tiled horizontally but not vertically or something. He changed the scaling to 100% and it looked normal.
    Ive sliced that image up so that it tiles horizontally - its been edited to tile seamlessly in the horizontal direction - but its impossible to edit the original image to anything that will remotely tile vertically - you would have strahd sitting on top of strahd - so a pattern or solid color tiles below the image if the resolution (or scaling) exceeds 1080px.

It is most definitely tiling and not stretching.

Question, is there any plan for a future update to allow FGU to stretch wallpapers instead of tiling them? Would be awesome for us folks that use FGU at full screen of 2560 x 1440 or greater.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerithryn View Post
    Question, is there any plan for a future update to allow FGU to stretch wallpapers instead of tiling them? Would be awesome for us folks that use FGU at full screen of 2560 x 1440 or greater.
    This is a thread for FGC.

Also, normally it is best to start a new thread unless your issue or question is fundamentally the same as the existing post. Makes support and future finding of info easier.

No such plans that I am aware of. But the devs do not publish a comprehensive roadmap. Check the Wish List, and add it there if desired. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information