STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Image panel help buttons displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
    • [5E] If target immune to all effect clauses leaving only concentration tag, the effect will no longer be applied with only concentration tag.
    • [CoreRPG+] Token effect icons made larger by default, and option added to adjust size smaller/larger than the default.
    • [DEV][CoreRPG+] Added name="tabs" attribute to most window classes that use built-in tab template for easier customizing.

Given the token effect icon changes, I'm working with our internal team to get some nicer token effect icons made, that I will then add to the update.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 11th, 2019 at 19:46.

Cool, thanks for that fast fix

Updates

• Token widgets will now count as part of token for mouse interactions (hover, click, etc.)

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    [CoreRPG+] Token effect icons made larger by default, and option added to adjust size smaller/larger than the default.
    Thank you for this. I have some additional feedback:
    • [1.]If we think of the options as Small/Middle/Large, the Middle and Large definitely make it easier to hover and see the effects without zooming all the way in.
      [2.] I don't know what is possible but could the system prioritize icons that are "harmful" or "applied by enemy/npc" so that they show first? We actually really like the ability to see a Sad Face for something that is harmful but if you already have more than two effects on you, the harmful ones hide. Can they appear first in the list of icons?
      [3.] We noticed that when there are too many effects, any that cannot be shown with separate icons are shown under the Green Circle with White Cross icon. Technically, would that mean that there could be an option with just one icon (the green one for example) and when you hove on it it shows all the effects? In essence, it would replicate the option that was removed.
      [4.] Thinking of point 3, we actually combined several separate effects into single lines to save "icon space"
      [5.] EDIT: Is it possible for players to see the effect text when they hover on icons on enemy tokens when the effects are already visible in the Combat Tracker? At the moment, we can only see what effects our characters apply to them but not the effects enemies add to enemies, even when those are visible in the CT.

We've only just used the icons now for the first time, which is why these things never occurred to us before. We understand that point 3 "contradicts" the rest of the efforts to make the icons more usable but it is always good to have more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Given the token effect icon changes, I'm working with our internal team to get some nicer token effect icons made, that I will then add to the update.
    This is great because some of us really liked seeing icons that mean something. They are easier to notice and remember than hoverable text.
    Last edited by Sarezar; July 12th, 2019 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarezar View Post
    [5.] EDIT: Is it possible for players to see the effect text when they hover on icons on enemy tokens when the effects are already visible in the Combat Tracker? At the moment, we can only see what effects our characters apply to them but not the effects enemies add to enemies, even when those are visible in the CT.
    A note on this: While we can see the hover text of icons Friendly characters apply to Non-Friendly, this doesn't seem to work on the very first icon. We tried all icon sizes but the first icon never shows hover text. I assume it's a bug but it may be worth someone else confirming this first.

Example:
    - PC1 adds Restrained on NPC1.
    - NPC2 adds Bless on NPC1.
    - PC 1 adds Incapacitated on NPC1.

When we hover on each of the three icons, we only see Hover text for Incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarezar View Post
    A note on this: While we can see the hover text of icons Friendly characters apply to Non-Friendly, this doesn't seem to work on the very first icon. We tried all icon sizes but the first icon never shows hover text. I assume it's a bug but it may be worth someone else confirming this first.

Example:
    - PC1 adds Restrained on NPC1.
    - NPC2 adds Bless on NPC1.
    - PC 1 adds Incapacitated on NPC1.

When we hover on each of the three icons, we only see Hover text for Incapacitated.
    I'm not seeing that. Or am I misunderstanding?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Might just be me, but the past couple days my [Update] button isn't flashing at all, but there've been a crapton of updates waiting to download?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Might just be me, but the past couple days my [Update] button isn't flashing at all, but there've been a crapton of updates waiting to download?
    It isn't just you. My update button hasn't worked for nearly 2 years now I think. Moon Wizard's theory is that once you have a certain number of modules it just gives up (I'm assuming you like me have a fair collection of them now as well). Also BTW MW's doesn't work either. So if he's not worried about it neither am I
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It isn't just you. My update button hasn't worked for nearly 2 years now I think. Moon Wizard's theory is that once you have a certain number of modules it just gives up (I'm assuming you like me have a fair collection of them now as well). Also BTW MW's doesn't work either. So if he's not worried about it neither am I
    Mine hasn't worked for about 4 years. I too assume it's due to the amount of products I own and the code that checks if there are updates available to any of those products has a limit to the number it can process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks like you are in good company Talyn

Thread Information