FG Spreadshirt Swag
  1. #1

    I am building GCS export support

    But I need some help. Does anyone know where I can find a specification for the "/importchar" XML format? The Fantasy Ground website is just a confusing maze to me. I found nothing in the "Developer Guide" https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide

    BTW, I am about 80% complete with the PC export... but I am having to do this "in the blind".

    Nose

  2. #2
    The way I worked it out for my importers was to create various characters and reverse engineer the resulting XML.


    Dave
    Ultimate License Holder - Anyone can play in my games, even using the free version of Fantasy Grounds.


  3. #3
    Yeah, that is what I am having to do. It works, but takes a few iterations to figure stuff out.

    The export uses a custom text export template, but it requires some additional coding to support all of the tags needed. When I am done, I will present it to Richard to incorporate into GCS.

  4. #4
    Tis done! The next release of GCS (http://gurpscharactersheet.com/) will now support Fantasy Grounds PC and NPC exports. Once it is released, we will create a "how to" video and let the importing begin!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
    Tis done! The next release of GCS (http://gurpscharactersheet.com/) will now support Fantasy Grounds PC and NPC exports. Once it is released, we will create a "how to" video and let the importing begin!
    Is there any reason it shouldn't work if we pull the latest library files from github? I did this, exported a character to an XML file, but the file is empty. I tried it for a couple of different characters. It just creates a blank XML file. Is there anything other than the library output template that needs to be updated?

  6. #6
    If you follow the process defined in the read me, it should work. There were updates to many of the sub-projects (gcs, gcs_libarary, toolkit, etc.). The only outstanding Pull Request is the update to the website, which I think he will wait to accept until the release is done.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
    If you follow the process defined in the read me, it should work. There were updates to many of the sub-projects (gcs, gcs_libarary, toolkit, etc.). The only outstanding Pull Request is the update to the website, which I think he will wait to accept until the release is done.
    Ah. Didn't realize that I needed to update the core software. I'll see about following those instructions or, barring that, just being patient and waiting for the next release. Thank you!

  8. #8
    It has been posted elsewhere, but to complete this thread:

    GCS (GURPS Character Sheet) 4.12 (or higher) can export to Fantasy Grounds. Here is a quick video on how to use it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
    It has been posted elsewhere, but to complete this thread:

    GCS (GURPS Character Sheet) 4.12 (or higher) can export to Fantasy Grounds. Here is a quick video on how to use it.
    Thanks Nose66.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in