STAR TREK 2d20

FG Unity physical mini support idea!

Just woke up and had an idea, in FG unity would it not be possible to have it recognize a number of minis by a combination of:
    - nfc (since you can scan for multiple nfc tags simultaneously, just not communicate with more than one at a time)
    - pressure by reading the force and radius of a mini over time (has to stay the same or it might be a finger) which is available in the script API of unity i believe.

This could allow for players (like in my group) where some are gathered physically together and prefer to move minis around the map and roll dice, to co-play with remote players somewhere else and mix real world and FG.

It is still early here so my brain might still be in an uncoagulated state but would this not be possible?

Great software though.

How about miniature makers include a barcode that can be used to upload the miniature image into the software?

(For those that have specialized miniatures.)

Blog Entries
    Welcome

You can already use Mini's with FG. It doesn't recognize the mini's themselves, and usually you just place the mini on top of the token on a screen laid flat on the table, but the added functionality of what you are saying is technically possible, but probably would end up pretty low on the priority list.

See this thread for some examples; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games

Add your suggestion to the wishlist; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information