DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: New Game

Thursdays is not an option for me either. I was hoping for Mondays or Wednesdays starting around 3 or 4PM central time, or Fridays or Saturdays starting at around 3-6 PM central time. Saturdays would the best for me, too.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

I would be fine with Saturdays, 6-10 PM central time.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

that build looks reasonable, and that time would work for me as well

Ok, Great would yall like to play tomorrow? With the two of you I could include my 17 yr old son. That would be enough players to start and we will get more as we go. PM me please.

we could perhaps do a session 0 where we discuss some things, go over the characters and the like, but i don't have time tomorrow for a full session

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwaow View Post
    we could perhaps do a session 0 where we discuss some things, go over the characters and the like, but i don't have time tomorrow for a full session
    Sounds fair

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwaow View Post
    Works for me as well, let's have a session zero.

Druthlen, you should PM us the server alias.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Session zero Questions and answers:

1) How will we handle absent players? Someone else plays them for the session? Ignore them for the session? GM plays them (not recommended, GMs have enough to do)?

GM: In combat someone should control their actions, not to cripple the party with an important role down, but out of combat they're passive.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2) How to give levels/XP? XP can be done manually or set up and given via party sheet, but a lot of GMs just inform the group that "they can level now" and that is the easiest way, I think.

GM: You'll gain XP for combat, skill challenges (encounters as such), quests, and personal quests that you can write into your background.
    3) Magic Items:

a) Ignore rarity but use limited item daily power rule, or use rarity but have no limit on the item daily powers? In case we use rarity, can we only ever buy common items?

GM: I've only ever played with the original daily item limit, so I'd prefer to do that.

b) Do we find random magic items, items that the adventure gives us, or do you require us to write up an Item Wishlist?

GM: A Wishlist would be welcomed, but if you get any of it won't be guaranteed. I'll certainly let you find stuff that is useful, but maybe not exactly what you wished for.

c) What about Alternative Rewards (boons, grandmaster training etc)? Are those available?

GM: I don't have much experience with that, so I'll be careful: for starters nope, but maybe in the future.

d) Will we be able to sell items at full price, half price, 20% ? Or does that depend on the specific location?

GM: Magic items sell for 50%, mundane items sell for 25%.
    4) Feat taxes: As the math of 4e doesn't work out over time, chars need to take expertise and defense feats, some GMs decided to make a call on those and give one free expertise feat on 1st level and one free defense feat on level 5. How about it? (It's totally okay if we don't do this, but it would be awesome if we did)

GM: I see the point of them, but heroic tier it doesn't make too much of a difference. I'll probably give one per tier, so one at level 11, one at level 21.
    5) Ritual components: Do Ritual casters need to have the specific components in advance, or do we just subtract the gold from our inventory, for ease of play?

GM: Just subtract the gold.
    6) How much do we need to track everyday living costs (common meals etc)?

GM: That will depend on the PC; extravagant stuff will cost you, but if it's just the most basic stuff, we won't track it.
    7) How about Ammo?

GM: Track ammunition with mundane items, but don't with magic items. (With magic items it is assumed that the ammunition just kinda reappears)
    8) Are there any house rules we should be aware of?

GM: No Character Themes. If something else comes up, we can add it later.
    9) Will we use the Fantasy Grounds Crit/fumble tables?

GM: No.
    10) Are there any restrictions for building characters (Dragonmark feats for example etc)?

GM: Apart of "no theme", no, everything is allowed for now. If things/builds get too crazy and break the game, I will ask you to build it differently though.
    11) Should we just assume all the characters know each other from the start? Will there be some sort of 'gathering the group together play' ? We could just all be fresh members of some 'Adventurer's club', that was sought out to hire some people for the first adventure, that way we'd kind of know each other, but not really that well yet.

GM: Let's assume that you all know and trust each other.
    12) Do you prefer Skills to be rolled openly or in the Dice Tower?

GM: I like the Dice tower mechanic.

Character Creation:

GM: You can just claim a premade, but I'm also fine, if you build your own, if it's not game breaking.

-> NO Character Theme allowed.

-> You do get a mechanical background of your choice.

-> You should write a background story that contains at least one or two "personal quests". The game to be played is a published module, but the character backgrounds will be woven into the story; also bringing your personal quest to a resolution will be rewarded with XP.

-> An Item wishlist would be preferred, but take into account that there is no guarantee that you will get any of it.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

I'm definitely interested in joining this! Are there any player slots available at the moment?

Thread Information