5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

FGU Dynamic Lighting Support for Different Types of Light Sources

I didn’t see it in any of the dynamic lighting videos. Do we know yet if FGU will support dynamic lighting for different types of light sources and their light radius? For example, I’d love to to be able to configure a torch to emit bright light to 20 feet and dim light for another 20 feet, while a lantern emits bright light to 30 feet and dim light for another 30 feet.

Welcome to the FG forums.

There won't be any specific types of light source in the initial release of FG Unity. But it is something they will look for later releases.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is something I would also like to see implemented. Humans in Underdark settings would more strongly realize their lack of darksight with this feature. Similarly, I am re-running a Curse of Strahd and applying a 10ft limit to their line of sight for that pesky mist would add another layer of immersion for the players.

For what it's worth, I realize we can't fix the whole world in a second, but out of possible effects (or layers, etc.} I think lighting effects should be near the top of the list Flickering lights for example in a large underground kingdom hall add a great atmosphere and I think tends to engage players or create moods well. FGU so far seems like a big leap forward. I think lighting effects would be another step up.

I agree that this should be very high priority. It just limits the usefulness of the los feature as it is now.

Same here. Personally, I can't help but feel that, without character vision range restrictions, LOS is really not as useful an addition as it's being purported to be.

Once range is implemented it'll actually be a game changer for my table, as visibility is the thing I find most divisive and tedious to adjudicate in game, and having it fully and seamlessly automated would be/will be a massive leap forward for immersion in, and the smooth running of, the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Once range is implemented it'll actually be a game changer for my table, as visibility is the thing I find most divisive and tedious to adjudicate in game, and having it fully and seamlessly automated would be/will be a massive leap forward for immersion in, and the smooth running of, the game.
    Yeah. This is the one thing I find the most troubling running two of my games, both dungeon crawls. If this feature was in the system now, I would buy it today.

Agree. Please place dynamic lighting as a high priority.

Could not agree more with what the others are saying. The dynamic LOS functions are great, but the distance of what gets revealed really should be limited by the token's vision settings.

I agree, Please set dynamic lighting as a high priority, right below optimizing code.

I purchased the software because of the DM tools (they are better than roll20, ability to import/export modules, combat tracker, party loot, etc...) but I feel like I should have purchased the classic because LOS is a gimmick that is not worth using unless it limits range by vision.

Thread Information