Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Test Failure

First off, i'm not sure if this is to be posted here, i'm sorry if it isn't.

So, like many other people I seem to be having an issue with the connection test. I've already disabled firewall and allowed FG through as an exception. I haven't forwarded the port because i'm currently unsure of how to do so and I'm not sure if i'm able to.

If it helps, this is the following I get from tracert 8.8.8.8 :

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 10 ms 12 ms 9 ms 96.120.88.81
    3 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms be-10009-rur01.sanjose.ca.sfba.comcast.net [162.151.30.225]
    4 15 ms 24 ms 11 ms be-231-rar01.santaclara.ca.sfba.comcast.net [162.151.78.249]
    5 11 ms 10 ms 9 ms be-299-ar01.santaclara.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.86.143.93]
    6 11 ms 10 ms 18 ms 96.112.146.26
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 16 ms 11 ms 9 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Chosokabe

Your tracert looks fine. Please read this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained
    And work your way thru it.
    If you are still stuck answer the 7 questions and we will work thru it with you.

I might need some extra help with that since i'm not too tech savvy and don't know what to do

Edit: i just tried Hamachi and it still results in a connection test failure
    Last edited by Chosokabe; May 23rd, 2019 at 05:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosokabe View Post
    I might need some extra help with that since i'm not too tech savvy and don't know what to do
    Which of the 7 steps do you need help with?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosokabe View Post

Edit: i just tried Hamachi and it still results in a connection test failure
    Did you start at the top and work your way thru?

2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made

basically anything that has to do with the router since it's not mine (family router, brother set it up, don't know how to access any information about it)

Blog Entries
    4. Start by googling "change my network adapter to private?"
    2. probably doesnt matter here so far...

if you can actually answer the other questions as well it might be a start...

Blog Entries
    #2 Do you know how to get the IP address FG sees? Start FG and Start Campaign. Then click on the External "Click to retrieve". To get what the router sees your computer as, you will need to log into the router. To do that, you will need to get the admin password from your brother if he has changed it from the default. Take a look at the router and let us know what the make and model is. Then we can tell you how to login and what the default password is.

#4 Assuming you are running Windows, the steps will be something like this (these are for Win 7); search and open the "Network and Sharing Center". On that page will be a "Active Networks" And under the name of your wifi network it will say something like "Public", "Home", "Work".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Through assumptions answers to the questions are :
    1. 10.0.0.1
    2. can't answer this one since i can't login to the router
    3. Using wired ethernet
    4. adapter is currently running in private
    5. standard windows defender AV
    6. results of tracert 8.8.8.8 have been posted above
    7. again, cannot login to router so i am unable to post any info

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    #2 Do you know how to get the IP address FG sees? Start FG and Start Campaign. Then click on the External "Click to retrieve". To get what the router sees your computer as, you will need to log into the router. To do that, you will need to get the admin password from your brother if he has changed it from the default. Take a look at the router and let us know what the make and model is. Then we can tell you how to login and what the default password is.

#4 Assuming you are running Windows, the steps will be something like this (these are for Win 7); search and open the "Network and Sharing Center". On that page will be a "Active Networks" And under the name of your wifi network it will say something like "Public", "Home", "Work".
    Router is an Xfinity comcast router, dual band 802.11ac

Thread Information