DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy Ground Freezing my MacBook Pro on new macOS 10.14.5

Hi,

I'm a player in an FG Pathfinder game (GM has Ultimate and I have Standard FG).

I recently updated my MacBook Pro to macOS 10.14.5 and am running the latest FG at 3.3.7.

In today's game my MBP froze each time I loaded FG. It would run at most 15 minutes but mostly froze after about 5min. My computer is operating fine otherwise... only a problem when I launch FG.

Any recommendations on how to fix/deal with this?

I didn't have any freezing problems before taking the macOS 10.14.5.

Thx,

Lee

One of my players had a similar issue after an update of ypthe IOS. Uninstalling and reinstalling FG worked for him, so that might be worth a try.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Be sure to back up your campaign data first. If I’m not mistaken, that’s stored within the FG app file itself on Mac. I’m not near my Mac to verify...

EDIT: Just noticed you said you’re a player, so this is not so important as if you were the DM. If you also DM, then definitely check on this before removing FG.

Thank you both for your input. I will give this a try later in the week when I can spend some time with it.

Okay finally had the opportunity to address this today. Uninstalled and reinstalled FG. Got in and started working on some campaign material. At about the 2 hour mark, my entire computer froze again. At wit's end on this one. Is anyone else having trouble with FG freezing their MacBook Pro after taking the macOS 10.14.5 update? Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I use a MacBook Pro with OS10.14.5 and have had no problems at all. Unfortunately I have nothing to offer as to why you are having a problem, sorry. I do remember having to make an adjustment in the Wine.app screen option as the attached image shows, but I seem to remember that had been fixed in an update anyways.
    Screen Options.png
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Thx for your response daggerfortysix. I haven't done anything with wine in years... maybe I should look for an update there. Checking

Thanks damned. I just loaded again and unchecked it. Been up for about 40 minutes so far with no freezing. Going to leave it up as long as I can to see if that helped. Fingers crossed.

Damned... that was the ticket! I've had FGC up for over 24 hours now, going in every now and then and messing with my campaign items and characters... no freezeups. THANK YOU... I'm back in the game!

Thread Information