DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thank you for creating this!

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

The credit should really go to the author Skerples for writing such a fine adventure and releasing it for free, He has another adventure which just out which isn't free but is really good https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...Murder-Mansion in a old school sort of way
    , I'm currently DMing it with a bunch of kids and they are loving it

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I have converted the module from this site coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com
    Its meant as a @trainer@ dungeon for new players and DM's
    The original is system neutral old school friendly so it shpould be fairly easy to convert this module to any D20 fantasy game like 5e , 13th age or castles and Crusades. I started doing it for Celestian's free adnd rules set but it opens fine in the new 2e set
    thanks very much.

Any reason this is exported as read-only? MoonWizard (an FG dev) recommends that adventures be exported with read-only set to false: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post386925 presumably so that folks can hack/edit the story entries and other things easily to customize the adventure.

My own interest in getting read-only disabled is that I'd like to be able to run this adventure in 5e. So I tried to export just the stories and images (which are ruleset agnostic) without exporting the NPC's, encounters, items, and parcels (which are ruleset dependent). I'm unable to export any of the read-only entries. The original PDF is CC BY-NC-SA so there shouldn't be any copyright reason to prevent people from hacking/re-exporting.

Any chance of getting this updated to remove the read-only flag?

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Any chance of getting this updated to remove the read-only flag?
    It's just a .zip file - rename the .mod to .zip and load the db.xml into a text editor - remove all the static="true" entries (so <tomboftheserpentking static="true"> becomes <tomboftheserpentking> etc.)

Or just replace the db.xml in the .zip with the one below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AegisPrime; October 20th, 2019 at 20:48.

My own interest in getting read-only disabled is that I'd like to be able to run this adventure in 5e. So I tried to export just the stories and images (which are ruleset agnostic) without exporting the NPC's, encounters, items, and parcels (which are ruleset dependent). I'm unable to export any of the read-only entries. The original PDF is CC BY-NC-SA so there shouldn't be any copyright reason to prevent people from hacking/re-exporting.
    Removing the read-only flag would not allow you to export into another module. You can only export campaign data into a module. Make copies of the entries from the module you want to export - to make a copy drag/drop the entry in the campaign data list window (you can make a copy even if it is read-only), this will make an editable copy of the entry in your campaign. You can then export the copied entries from your campaign database.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
    remove all the static="true" entries
    Ah, cool. I figured there must be an XML edit to do this, but I searched for "read", "readonly", and similar variants and wasn't able to google it. Thanks.

Ah, cool. I figured there must be an XML edit to do this, but I searched for "read", "readonly", and similar variants and wasn't able to google it. Thanks.
    You'll still need to make copies of the records into the campaign database if you want to export to a module - you have to do this whether the module is read-only or not. See my post above (#16).

Or you could use the community Universal Modules extension by @damned to load the module directly into your 5E campaign: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Removing the read-only flag would not allow you to export into another module. You can only export campaign data into a module.
    Oh drag, I see that now. I found 2 editable story entries that I though were accidentally left read/write by the author, but in fact these were story-entries that I inadvertently generated when playing with a story template. There's just a lot of stuff to drag around using this strategy, but I get that's a sensible behavior for modules in general which are not all open-licensed.

I guess 2 bits of feedback for the author then are:

1. That it would be better to disable read-only for adventure modules in general, irrespective of my export problem. Editing story entries and encounters in-place is common for adventures.

2. And it might be cool to have a variant with just stories and images, since they're ruleset agnostic. I realize that leaves a lot of the convenience of a full-conversion on the table, but with a system-agnostic adventure like this... that's the ideal starting point when adapting for a new ruleset.

But I have the info I need to hack around things at this point. Thanks all for your help.

2. And it might be cool to have a variant with just stories and images, since they're ruleset agnostic.
    Use the Universal Module extension. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension

Thread Information