DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

LFP: PF (1E) Crypt of the Everflame (~ 4 sessions), weeknight (TUE?) 5 PM GMT

Details of your scenario: Your group of adventurers from the town of Kassen has to perform an old tradition in which you retrieve a piece of the eternal flame burning in the tomb of the town's founder. Yet when you arrive there, you find only the corpses of their fellow townsfolk, dead bandits, and mysterious animated skeletons. You must brave the traps and perils of the Crypt of the Everflame, discover the source of the corruption that has awakened an ancient evil, and defeat a menace that seeks vengeance against Kassen and its people.

Caveat: Please note that my knowledge of PF 1 rules is rusty and partially overlapped by other game systems or editions. Unless it is vitally important to the survival of a character we'll however go with quick decisions during game time and resolve any other questions after the game. If you know you want to use rules that depend on GM interpretation, I'd appreciate it if you discussed them with me outside of the game.

FG License: Ultimate (players only need demo)

Game System: Pathfinder (1E)

GM Time Zone: GMT +2

Day of week and time: Weekdays (current plan: TUE) 5 PM GMT (another weekday and time +-1 hour might also be possible, be sure to state any requests below).

If new game, planned start date: Session 0 on TUE May 28th, 5 PM GMT (if there are enough players by then)

Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hour sessions for 3-4 weeks

Term: Short term (3-4 weeks)

Attendance: Life can always get in the way but due to the short run please make sure you can make all (or at most all but one) of the sessions. If you don't show up without prior notice and there is no important reason (personal, work, family, technical, ...), I also reserve the right to accept a player on the waiting list instead. If several players can't make a specific week, we might reschedule but don't count on that.

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Teamspeak (Discord if Teamspeak is down)

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Due to the scenario most likely more combat than RP, maybe 2/3 combat, 1/3 RP.

Number of Players in game & needed: 3-5 (if there are only 3 players, you'll get an additional pregen to pilot)

Character creation: We will use the 4d6 (drop lowest) in order method. So for each ability score (starting with STR, followed by DEX, CON, INT, WIS and CHA) roll 4d6, discard the lowest number and add the three remaining numbers up. Example for the 1st roll: 2-3-3-5: STR 11. Please be aware that opposed to the standard method, you can't assign the number to any ability score, you have to roll for ability scores in order. (This most likely means you won't be guaranteed to play a certain class - unless you accept a low main ability score of course.)

In order to alleviate any bad rolls, you can reroll all ability scores if 1. you don't get a 15 on one ability score or 2. the total of your ability modifiers is less than +2.

So

STR: 9 (-1), DEX: 15 (+2), CON: 8 (-1), INT: 8 (-1), WIS: 14 (+2), CHA: 9 (-1) reroll as total modifiers 0<2

STR: 14 (+2), DEX: 14 (+2), CON: 14 (+2), INT: 14 (+2), WIS: 14 (+2), CHA: 14 (+2) reroll as no ability score >= 15 (note that you can choose not to reroll however)

STR: 9 (-1), DEX: 15 (+2), CON: 8 (-1), INT: 8 (-1), WIS: 14 (+2), CHA: 13 (+1) OK, no reroll

As a last-ditch effort, I as the GM will roll ability scores following the same rules in advance (to save time). The GM has to reroll if it does not meet the requirements mentioned above. Without you having seen the GM's rolls (only your own), you can then decide to discard your rolls and take the GM's rolls instead (sight unseen). This decision is binding (so you can't simply take the better of the two, you have to decide after you rolled and before you were shown the GM's roll. (Please note there is no guarantee that I'll roll better than you.)

If a character dies (in a not-obviously-suicidal-way, e.g. after the GM asked whether you're sure you want to do that) feel free to use the 15 Points Purchase Ability Score Method instead.

Character starting level & equipment: Level 1. Starting wealth as listed in table 6-1.

Character restrictions: I have the CRB module, anything from this source should be fine. If you want to use anything from other Paizo books, 1. please discuss it with me (reasonable requests should be fine, e.g. everything that also would be PFS legal) and 2. make sure you have the ressources to build the character yourself (you own the FG modules, there are SRD modules, you are willing to code anything relevant yourself, ...).

Characters also should be able to work together as part of a group.

Ties with the other characters will be created in session 0. You are free to come up with your own ties to 2 other party members, otherwise we'll roll for it randomly.

Link to Gamecalendar page: here

How to apply: Please apply both here as well on the game calendar, stating your availability. Be sure to include a one paragraph character concept that is more than a description of your desired class (but be prepared to throw it out of the window after you rolled your ability scores). Please explicitly state that you have read the character creation rules.

Future plans: Most likely no direct continuation afterwards. If everything goes extremely well (but no promises) maybe followed by the rest of the Price of Immortality trilogy. Don't count on it however.

Edit: Currently all spots filled but feel free to apply to the waiting list should anyone drop out (which is always a possibility).
    Last edited by stephan_; June 10th, 2019 at 22:34.

Do you want the paragraph as a pm or in the forum?
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”- Thorin Oakenshield, J.R.R. Tolkien

No preference either way, you can pick the one yo prefer.

Be aware though that the chances of getting enough players by Tuesday are pretty low.

Character desc: Human Arcane Sorcerer
    Apparently all thing rob off even magic, you see my parents where wizards, may they rest in peace, and though an experiment gone horribly wrong I now live with my aunt in this town. The special thing about me is where wizards study for there arcane powers I just seem to have them, my aunt says I've been born with them but I'm not so sure. So here in Kassen my aunt continued her studies and even help me out where possible. So a bunch of experiments and unforeseen side effects led to some rumours over the years. So now with the festival coming up we decided that it is a great opportunity to show the town that we main well and don't want to cause harm and are willing to extend an helping hand.

I've read and understood the character creation part.

Cheers,
    Yardantex

Thanks.

As already mentioned, we'll probably wait until we have 3-4 interested players before deciding anything (in particular starting time).

Shoot so I totally misread the time slot. I added instead of subtracted for my time zone so no way I can do it. Sorry.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”- Thorin Oakenshield, J.R.R. Tolkien

Alright, thanks.

One person interested so far.

As a session 0 in the immediate future seems to be unlikely, I'll probably run some 5E one-shots in the meantime.

Sad to hear that you can't make it.

I don't mind waiting for a bit on the session 0, but I would like to stick around for the one shots.

new to Pathfinder but wiling to learn and fits my schedule (finally)

Which throws the character paragraph out the window as I have no idea about pathfinder classes.
    But I am a quick study.
    Last edited by FuzzyBunny; May 29th, 2019 at 17:06.
    There is a line drawn between the darkness and the light, the question is; Where do you stand, in the Darkness, in the Light or on the Line?
    Yes there are three choices not just two.
    LeJohn #1574

Alright, thanks.

We're slowly reaching the necessary numbers so I'll most likely post a doodle link here tomorrow to try to coordinate times.

Thread Information