5E Character Create Playlist

Heal, temporary hit points etc...

Good day,

I'm working on something that I don't think FG can do but I wanted to try it anyway... it didn't work but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just because I messed something up in the effects or that FG simply cannot do what I was trying to do.

The goal: Create a custom effect, place it on a target, place another effect on the PC that triggers when the pc interacts with the target in a specific way and the end result is the PC gaining temporary hit points.

So the HEAL command is a modifier on rolls so HEAL: 30 temp wont work I assume but HEAL: 60d6 would. The goal for me is to make this all happen with temporary hit points so the effect looks like this:

IFT:CUSTOM(Effect name); HEAL: 1d6 temp;

That effect is set on the PC.

The effect placed on the target is simply:

Effect Name;

So my question is, does anyone know a reason that doesn't work? As in does the HEAL: 1d6 temp only work on npcs while PCs have to use the dialog box?

Blog Entries
    First, since Effects are ruleset dependent, what ruleset are you trying to do this in?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As you mention, effects don't actually trigger an action. In this case the heal effect doesn't trigger a heal action, even if the effect includes dice, it will only effect the results of a heal action when a heal action is actually rolled/applied.

You can't do what you're trying to do automatically - you'll have to handle it as a manual heal when the interaction occurs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Alright thanks, just needed confirmation that I wasn't screwing something up.

Thread Information