DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do you set up crafting system?

I want to create a crafting system. My guess is to use the Forge, but not sure how to set up the templates.

Example:
    Take a silver ore, add diamond you create a diamond ring with +1 to all saves.
    Take gold ore, add diamond you create gold necklace with +2 to all saves.

Can this be done?

With Forge, add the 2 items in left box, template in right box, create the item. Does it work? How do you set up template for 2 items?

The Forge only works provided the items are all of the same type. More information on using the Forge here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...sing_The_Forge
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Nothing in FG, the forge included, know that 1 silver ore + 1 diamond equals anything.

What the forge does allow you to do is take a flametongue and a +2 sword and combine them into one sword. Or a Necklace of Fireballs and a Necklace of Prayer Beads into one necklace.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I did read that. So...

Silver ore:
    Type: Crafting
    Subtype: Ore
    Description: Used for crafting.

Diamond:
    Subtype: Gems
    Description: This gemstone is transparent blue-white, canary, pink, brown, or blue in color. Rare, translucent, and incredibly resilient, diamond forms a bulwark against all manner of magical effects. (all resistances)

Template:
    Name: Silver Diamond Ring of Resistance
    Type: Equipment
    Subtype: Ring
    Description: Crafted ring offers +1 to all resistances.

I add the Silver Ore item and the Diamond item to the left hand box of the Forge, then the template to the right hand box and combine. This creates two new items, one with the "Ore" information:

Name: Silver Ore [Silver Diamond Ring of Resistance]
    Subtype: Ore
    Description: Used for crafting.
    Silver Diamond Ring of Resistance Notes
    Crafted ring offers +1 to all resistances.

The second item uses the "Diamond" information:

Subtype: Gemstones
    Description: This gemstone is transparent blue-white, canary, pink, brown, or blue in color. Rare, translucent, and incredibly resilient, diamond forms a bulwark against all manner of magical effects. (all resistances)
    Silver Diamond Ring of Resistance Notes
    Crafted ring offers +1 to all resistances.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    What changes should I make so it makes one magic item with the following stats:

Type: Equipment
    Subtype: Ring
    Description: Crafted ring offers +1 to all resistances.

Is it possible or will it not work with Fantasy Grounds?

It won’t work. As I said above both sides must have the same item type (subtype is ignored). So your ring, and both ores would need to be the same type.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hmm...

I removed the Type, Subtype, and Description in both the Silver Ore and Diamond (so nothing in those fields), kept the Type: Equipment and Subtype: Ring in the template, and it allowed me to combine. It still created two items, but the diamond version created one like I wanted, but the second one, the Ore version wasn't what I was looking for. I could just delete this item and keep the first one.

But if the Type needs to be the same, I wonder why it allowed me to do this combine...

I would need to play around with it but i’m Not close to a computer. I suspect because the type was blank.

The forge logic for checking whether the two items are compatible is slightly more complicated than just looking at the item type. The code takes a look at some of the items fields and assigns each one a "compatibility type". Both objects have to be the same compatibility type in order for the forge to allow them to combine. the current list of compability types and how they are assigned is here.

Compatibility Type: armor
    Requirements - Item type: armor

Compatibility Type: weapon
    Requirements - (Item type: weapon) OR (Item type: adventuring gear AND item subtype ammunition)

Compatibility Type: arcane focus
    Requirements - (item type contains: rod, staff, wand) OR (item type: adventuring gear AND item subtype: arcane focus)

Compatibility Type: ring
    Requirements - item type: ring

Compatibility Type: potion
    Requirements - item type: potion OR (item type: adventuring gear AND (item name contains:”potion” OR “bottle” OR “flask” OR “vial” OR “oil”)

Compatibility Type: scroll
    Requirements - item type: scroll OR (item type: adventuring gear AND (item name contains “scroll” OR “paper”)

Compatibility Type: adventuring gear
    Requirements - item type: wondrous item OR item type: adventuring gear

Compatibility Type: Blank
    If the type is left blank.

Any item that doesn't meet the requirements to resolve as one of the above compatibility types will not be able to be used in the forge. there is no generic compatibility type.
    Last edited by mattekure; August 11th, 2019 at 01:28.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information