Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Liar's Dice

Liar's Dice

Ok so, I would like to implement a way for my players to gamble with each other in a fun way.

I would like for the players to be able to roll dice that only the GM and the player that rolled to see the result (so we can swiftly play some liar's dice)

Is there a way to adjust who see's the dice result like that?

Example: Player A rolls 5d6. Player A and the GM see the result, but Player B, C, and D don't.

Is this possible?

Hmm, I can't think of one.

The options for what the players see are global; either they all see things or they all don't see things. Rolling to the dice tower doesn't work either because the player doesn't see what they rolled although the DM does. I think you would need to write (a fairly complex) extension to restrict what is viewed only by whoever rolls the dice and the DM.

You could have the players roll off screen and whisper the results to the DM; but that would be open to considerable abuse.

Another possibility would be to have the DM make all the rolls from a rollable table outputting to story. The DM could then share that story entry with the individual player who the DM was rolling for.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The players could roll to the tower, then the DM could drag the results to the player portrait. Then could drag them back to the chat for everyone after wards.

Of course, an extension could make it much easier...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information