DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Blast Template

Blast Template

I'm having some issues with the Small, Medium, Large, and Cone Blast Templates where they don't show up for my players, they just see a number but not the outline.

Also, if the map is on the tabletop instead of windowed mode, I can't use the SWADE pointers, instead I get options for squares, circles, and arrows. My players can see these just fine.
    Last edited by Technomorphic; May 10th, 2019 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomorphic View Post
    I'm having some issues with the Small, Medium, Large, and Cone Blast Templates where they don't show up for my players, they just see a number but not the outline.

Also, if the map is on the tabletop instead of windowed mode, I can't use the SWADE pointers, instead I get options for squares, circles, and arrows. My players can see these just fine.

Are you using the extra layers mod (forgot it's real name), I cannot recreate the problem, what mods are you using?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

The only extension I'm using just renames the arcane backgrounds. Other than that, it's a basic SWADE game.

I don't know how to log into my own game as a player to show you what my players see, but I can show you the second issue.

While the map is on my tabletop, I see generic pointer options. My players could see these just fine.

Pointers 1.jpg

But while the map is in a window, I see the SWADE pointers, which my players couldn't see. (Though it occurs to me that I think I only tested the Large Blast Template, as that was what we needed in our game.)

Pointers 2.jpg

My players also reported that while they were in windowed mode, they saw nothing, but in tabletop mode they saw the 3 in the center but not the circle itself. Similarly, on my screen a number 3 appears when I'm in tabletop mode.

Pointers 3.jpg
    Pointers 4.jpg

I don't know how to log into my own game as a player to show you what my players see...
    Start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and “Join Game” with a server address of localhost
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, Trenloe. So now I've been able to test as my players see it, and discovered the specific steps to replicate the issue.

The issue only occurs when the players have the map in tabletop mode when you create the SWADF pointer. If the player's map is in windowed mode when you create the pointer, they can see it, even if they then switch back to tabletop mode. Since myself and all my players prefer to have the map on the tabletop, this means to use SWADE pointers we all have to switch to windowed mode while I create them which is pretty inconvenient.

So, here's the step by step process to recreate the problem(s):

1. As GM, share a map to the player.
    2. As both Player and GM, put the map into tabletop mode.
    3. As GM, try to create a SWADE pointer and observe that the SWADE pointers aren't available in tabletop mode, instead showing generic options.
    4. As GM, switch to windowed mode and create a SWADE pointer, which are now available.
    5. As Player, observe that the SWADE pointer that was created appears only as a number with no outline.
    6. As Player, switch the map into windowed mode. Observe that the number disappears, leaving the pointer entirely invisible. Leave the map in windowed mode.
    7. As GM, while in windowed mode, draw another SWADE pointer.
    8. As Player, observe that you can see the newly drawn pointer, with no number in the center.
    9. As Player, switch the map to tabletop mode. Observe that the new SWADE pointer remains visible, and gains a number in the center. The previously drawn SWADE pointer reappears, visible only as a number.

Thanks for the detailed report. I’ve forwarded the link to your post to Ikael, who is the developer for that ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you, Trenloe. So now I've been able to test as my players see it, and discovered the specific steps to replicate the issue.

The issue only occurs when the players have the map in tabletop mode when you create the SWADF pointer. If the player's map is in windowed mode when you create the pointer, they can see it, even if they then switch back to tabletop mode. Since myself and all my players prefer to have the map on the tabletop, this means to use SWADE pointers we all have to switch to windowed mode while I create them which is pretty inconvenient.

So, here's the step by step process to recreate the problem(s):

1. As GM, share a map to the player.
    2. As both Player and GM, put the map into tabletop mode.
    3. As GM, try to create a SWADE pointer and observe that the SWADE pointers aren't available in tabletop mode, instead showing generic options.
    4. As GM, switch to windowed mode and create a SWADE pointer, which are now available.
    5. As Player, observe that the SWADE pointer that was created appears only as a number with no outline.
    6. As Player, switch the map into windowed mode. Observe that the number disappears, leaving the pointer entirely invisible. Leave the map in windowed mode.
    7. As GM, while in windowed mode, draw another SWADE pointer.
    8. As Player, observe that you can see the newly drawn pointer, with no number in the center.
    9. As Player, switch the map to tabletop mode. Observe that the new SWADE pointer remains visible, and gains a number in the center. The previously drawn SWADE pointer reappears, visible only as a number.
    Thanks for the detailed description how to reproduce the issue. I have investigated it, was able to reproduce and have made fix for it. This fix will be part of the FG v3.3.8 update.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks Ikael, much appreciated.

Thread Information