DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 54 of 58 First ... 4445253545556 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So the question I would ask then is do you think having a bunch of armour like Chain (M), just so that the Mithral Armour was correct would make things more confusing and possibly prone to misuse?
    That would be worse.

I hear what you are saying about including a note but a) who reads those and b) there are probably a hundred other things that could be included in such notes - making them even less likely to be read.

Another possibility is that I could include a note that the DM would need to adjust the armour stats in the actual Mithral Armour description itself.

I'm open to suggestions.
    So after the initial parsing of the module all future updates are done via parse with no manual update/additions? I'm not a fan of manual processes, but I had somewhat assumed their were manual steps for each module that had to be done after it was parsed. If no such manual steps are part of the process, then I would not suggest doing them.

So the stealth disadvantage is defined by the heavy armor property? Looking at the DMG items I see that there is no property that gives/controls disadvantage.

As for the note, when I look at mithral plate armor from the DMG there is already a note. Assuming the module has a similar note, I don't think their is anything else to do.Screen Shot 12-29-19 at 04.34 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That would be worse.
    I agree, which is the main reason why I didn't do that.

So after the initial parsing of the module all future updates are done via parse with no manual update/additions? I'm not a fan of manual processes, but I had somewhat assumed their were manual steps for each module that had to be done after it was parsed. If no such manual steps are part of the process, then I would not suggest doing them.
    No manual steps are taken after the module is par5ed. Exactly the same as if the module was exported from FG.
    So the stealth disadvantage is defined by the heavy armor property? Looking at the DMG items I see that there is no property that gives/controls disadvantage.
    No, each armour is specifically given a disadvantage tag where that is specified in the Armour table in the PHB. Some medium and even one light armour gives stealth disadvantage. Your screenshot is the template, which as you can see does not contain any stats other than cost and it's rarity. As I say that template is then applied to the basic item from the PHB; and it is that item which becomes the magic item with the combined stats and text of the template and the mundane item.

As for the note, when I look at mithral plate armor from the DMG there is already a note. Assuming the module has a similar note, I don't think their is anything else to do.
    I agree. emdev's point was that for beginners it might not be obvious, just from that note, that something needs to be done in the character sheet in order for the item to work. I agree with that too, but this falls into the same category of the many other things that do not work out of the box. It's akin to equipping a Ring of Protection, for example, and having to create an effect to make it work. Here we would have to untick the disadvantage box if the armour is one that gives disadvantage. Not everything can be automated really (well it can given enough development time), so some manual intervention is needed now and again.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Storm Lord's Wrath
    Both in the Ref Manual and Story Entry "09.30 Encounters on the Way"
    Their is a block of text listed as read aloud, but it is not formatted as such;
    Screen Shot 12-30-19 at 04.16 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Developer has been notified.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In the Acquisitions Incorporated module, there is a +1 longsword in the parcel "04.10.11 6. Goblin" that is a bit of a mess. It isn't an actual weapon so it cannot be equipped on the character sheet. It is missing the attack values, the "versatile" property, and the +1 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by dpezet View Post
    In the Acquisitions Incorporated module, there is a +1 longsword in the parcel "04.10.11 6. Goblin" that is a bit of a mess. It isn't an actual weapon so it cannot be equipped on the character sheet. It is missing the attack values, the "versatile" property, and the +1 bonus.
    So I see. I've notified the developer. Thanks for reporting.

Blog Entries
    Storm Lord's Wrath
    Both in the Ref Manual and Story Entry "09.30 Encounters on the Way"
    Their is a block of text listed as read aloud, but it is not formatted as such;
    Screen Shot 12-30-19 at 04.16 PM.PNG
    Updated. Fixed in the next UPDATE.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dpezet View Post
    Updated. Fixed in the next update.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen, NPC, Slippery Mud, Action: "Slippy" (Should be "Slippery", yes?)

Monster Manual & Princes of the Apocalypse (Other modules too?), NPC, Rust Monster, Action: "If the object touched is either...…" (This is actually part of the "Antenna" action, not an action in-and-of itself)

Thank you Zacchaeus for all your hard work on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen, NPC, Slippery Mud, Action: "Slippy" (Should be "Slippery", yes?)

Monster Manual & Princes of the Apocalypse (Other modules too?), NPC, Rust Monster, Action: "If the object touched is either...…" (This is actually part of the "Antenna" action, not an action in-and-of itself)

Thank you Zacchaeus for all your hard work on this stuff.
    Well, it is slippy. I have to call the action something and in this case I just called it slippy. If you look carefully I try to inject some humour every so often into NPC traps and Harard actions

On the question of the Rust monster; how has that managed to escape the many overhauls I've done of NPC actions in the MM? I'll add it to my list.

Thread Information