DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 58 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    The Styes
    Story 8.03 Adventure Hooks
    Subsection: Refrum's Plea: Link to NPC Master Refrum is missing
    Subsection: Eleanor's Loss: NPC: Eleanor: She does have a last name: Loveage (first paragraph).

The Styes maps. Both player's map and DM's map are missing the story pins. Also, suggestion for player's map: Add a grid equal to the map scale (preferably 150-foot squares). That would make it easier to calculate distances between two points using the area line function (hold both left & right mouse buttons and draw a line).

Story 8.05.07 7. Dory's Warehouse
    Add a link to Story 8.07 Part 3: Hemlock Pit

8.06.00 Part 2: Murder Mystery
    NPC: Master Refrum: The description says he's unarmed, but the NPC write up gives him a mace.

8.08.02 D2. Office
    The encounter with Birsk is missing from the daytime encounter roster from area D1.

8.08.05 D5. Crane
    The skum tokens are incorrectly placed. The skum are hiding in the crane according to the description.

8.10.04 T4. Chuul-Haunted Hallway
    Based on the description of the grotto under the hallway, I would place the tokens differently. See attachment T4 Grotto. The circle is only there to show the diameter and placement of the grotto, nothing more.

8.10.06 T6. Watery Descent
    Initial placement for the aboleth token is incorrect. According to the description, it is at the base of the stairs just outside the map. Also, you got it taking up 9 squares instead of 4. Also, the shark token should be above the stairs and it should take up 9 squares, not 16. See description.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    No, I meant I had to read the text in the story entry six times before I found why you were saying what you did.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Lost Mines of Phandelver
    The range text on ranged attacks on at least some of the NPCs doesn't match the syntax of the same NPCs in the MM. Here are the goblins from the MM (Goblin 1) and LMoP (Goblin 2) side by side.
    goblins.JPG

This normally doesn't seem to cause a problem most of the time, but triggers an error when using the 5e Combat Enhancer extension. I've reported this to the thread for that extension here but maybe the NPCs should match the syntax in the MM. I'm not sure if the range text has an established standard syntax, but it seems like it should.

A quick glance at the hobgoblin in LMoP shows its ranged attack also has a similar difference in text syntax, so there may be several other affected NPCs.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    The Styes
    8.13.00 Landgrave's Folly
    Both maps (player's and DM's) do not have story pins.

8.13.02 L2. Flooded Temple
    The aboleth tokens are overlapping and they are taking up 9 squares each in space instead of 4 squares as per large creature.

8.13.03 L3. Landgrave's Pit
    The juv. kraken's token is too large for its inferred size of huge. The token should take up 9 squares. The token size you used is for a gargantuan or larger creature, such as an adult kraken.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    Appendix locations
    9.02.06 C6. Merfolk Mass Grave
    The eel token is not taking up the proper amount of squares. It is a huge creature and therefore take up 9 squares, not 16.

9.03.01 Tentacle Trap
    The write up of the disowned merfolk do not include the trait that allows them to breath water and air. See 2nd bullet under Clever Ruse paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    Lost Mines of Phandelver
    The range text on ranged attacks on at least some of the NPCs doesn't match the syntax of the same NPCs in the MM. Here are the goblins from the MM (Goblin 1) and LMoP (Goblin 2) side by side.

This normally doesn't seem to cause a problem most of the time, but triggers an error when using the 5e Combat Enhancer extension. I've reported this to the thread for that extension here but maybe the NPCs should match the syntax in the MM. I'm not sure if the range text has an established standard syntax, but it seems like it should.

A quick glance at the hobgoblin in LMoP shows its ranged attack also has a similar difference in text syntax, so there may be several other affected NPCs.
    Looking at the pdf's for the MM and LMoP they are actually differently worded and that is reflected in the FG module since text is simply copied directly from the pdf.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    Storm King's Thunder
    In story entry "03.02.04 B4. House of the Triad" Sirac of Suzail's name is misspelled (as "Sirc of Suzail") in the text by the "Portrait" link, and also in the title of the image itself. It's spelled correctly on the very next line in the story entry (the NPC link).
    Thanks for the report. Added to the list

@astromath - most of what you've reported should be in a revised module going out today (hopefully).

Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    Extra Encounters
    9.06.02 Merrow Mayhem
    Incorrect placement of merrow tokesn. 2 pairs of them are stacked to seem like 1 token each. There should be 3 tokens outside the ship not 2.

9.09.03 W3. Ruined Buildings
    NPC: Fish: The write up includes an action: Water Breathing with "null None" for the description.

9.12.07 W7g. Grand Staircase
    Giant octopus token is misplaced and taking up the wrong number of squares for a large creature. According to the text is is under the stairs, not out in the open.

9.13.02 Lizardfolk Games
    2nd paragraph after the Saltmarsh paragraph hook starts "#bis;Let the Games Begin!"

9.13.04 Extended Life
    Giant token is taking up the wrong number of squares (16). It is a huge creature and should only take up 9 squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Looking at the pdf's for the MM and LMoP they are actually differently worded and that is reflected in the FG module since text is simply copied directly from the pdf.
    Understood, thanks for checking. My guess is WotC included the extra "ft." for the benefit of new DMs using the starter set. Regardless, there are not a lot of NPCs in that module and not all are affected, so I'm happy to fix this for my own uses, and so may others if they're having similar trouble.

I was also wondering if there is any standard syntax for this that FG expects. After a little digging, it looks like there is. According to the Fantasy Grounds User Manual, on page 96 in the "Create a new NPC" section, it seems to indicate that the format in the Monster Manual should be followed:

•Set Armor Class, Hit points, Speed, Abilities, Saving Throws, Skills, Vulnerabilities etc.
    These should all conform to the standards as seen in the Monster Manual otherwise the values will not be recognised by Fantasy Grounds when the NPC is moved to the Combat Tracker and users will have problems with the automation of things such as damage vulnerabilities or resistances etc.
    •Do the same for Actions, reactions and Legendary actions if appropriate.
    •In order for attack and damage rolls to be automated the exact wording used in the standard stat block of an NPC should be used.
    The manual doesn't specify which parts of the text should conform and which may not, so I would apply this to all and adjust content that doesn't conform. I'm not sure if the arrangement with WotC requires that all text be copy/pasted exactly regardless of FG's functionality or inconsistencies in the original text.

Since in this case the functionality is part of an extension, not FG itself, the extension creator is looking at this also, in case they can accommodate this difference. But it seems to me they shouldn't have to accommodate every variation a content author introduces if SW have already stated it should conform to a standard.

Again, not a big deal in this case. Thanks again!
    Last edited by notrealdan; May 28th, 2019 at 21:31.

Thread Information