5E Character Create Playlist
Page 48 of 58 First ... 384647484950 ... Last
    Tyranny of Dragons
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

Here are the Chapter 4 edits.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 20th, 2019 at 10:57.

Tyranny of Dragons
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Here are the Chapter 5 edits.

P.S. I hope the images I'm providing are helpful.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 20th, 2019 at 11:47.

File name of Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Player Guide is misspelled. Reported in House of Healing.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?52420

Regards,
    JPG

OK, suppose that I want to try to fix the critical damage bug if the target is immune and the attack has effect damage. Where might I start? I tried a bunch of things in my extension (basically modifying rRoll immediately prior to the onDamage function being called).

Things I've tried:

1) removing critical clauses from rRoll.clauses - sometimes resulted in a damage mismatch
    2) removing critical die from rRoll.aDice - also sometimes resulted in a damage mismatch
    3) reordering the critical die in rRoll.clauses and rRoll.die

None of that worked though. Damage against critical immune targets is still including the critical damage die and ignoring the effect die regardless of the order they appear in rRoll.

(Consider this another coding exercise for me)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    OK, suppose that I want to try to fix the critical damage bug if the target is immune and the attack has effect damage. Where might I start? I tried a bunch of things in my extension (basically modifying rRoll immediately prior to the onDamage function being called).

Things I've tried:

1) removing critical clauses from rRoll.clauses - sometimes resulted in a damage mismatch
    2) removing critical die from rRoll.aDice - also sometimes resulted in a damage mismatch
    3) reordering the critical die in rRoll.clauses and rRoll.die

None of that worked though. Damage against critical immune targets is still including the critical damage die and ignoring the effect die regardless of the order they appear in rRoll.

(Consider this another coding exercise for me)

Thanks!
    From what I can understand of the situation is that all of the dice are being used but just not necessarily in the right order. Moon Wizard is aware of the issue and he did say that it would be tricky to fix but it's on his radar. Unity will be taking precedence for thee moment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    From what I can understand of the situation is that all of the dice are being used but just not necessarily in the right order. Moon Wizard is aware of the issue and he did say that it would be tricky to fix but it's on his radar. Unity will be taking precedence for thee moment.
    Yeah, it looked tricky.

Thanks!

Sorry to beat a seemingly dead horse, but it looks like damage is just plain broken with any critical hit if there is "extra/effect/whatever" damage. Non-critical hits work fine, and if the target has no immunities, that damage of course works fine as well because the only concern is the total in that case.

I have no extensions loaded.

Here is a screenshot of a critical hit with a greatsword that I added 1d4 fire damage to:

Arakocra 1 has "IMMUNE: critical"
    Arakocra 2 has "IMMUNE: fire"
    Arakocra 3 has "IMMUNE: slashing, !magic"

The damage is correct per the string that is output in the chat window, but the totals in the string are not correct - they are just going from right to left in the order the die are displayed without regard to their actual types or values (especially relevant is the 1d4=6 indication).

Thanks for looking into this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheoGeek; November 28th, 2019 at 02:39.

Google Chrome logged me into my old account from when I didn't understand the subscription model/buying kind of deal. Reposted under actual account.
    Last edited by Thepaperclipkiller; November 30th, 2019 at 23:38.

Players Handbook

The spell "Dispel Evil and Good" doesn't have the "Dismissal" section separated from "Break Enchantment" and Dismissal needs to be bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Players Handbook

The spell "Dispel Evil and Good" doesn't have the "Dismissal" section separated from "Break Enchantment" and Dismissal needs to be bolded.
    Noted
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information