5E Character Create Playlist
Page 47 of 58 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Sorry I missed your post. You are correct the scale is 20 ft. and so that gives us a huge problem. I can't make the map any bigger - it's already too big; and I can't really chop it up. But it won't fit a correctly sized grid as it stands at the moment. I'll need to play around with it. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference anyway to be honest.
    I think it can be broken into 4 parts. The feast hall/the trapped hall (including the stone giant statue) and upstairs quarters/Ice Spider Tunnels/the Domed Entrance to the Eye of Annam The slashes is where the breaks could be. You could even break it up in 5 parts with the Eye of Annam being the 5th part.

Blog Entries
    Why not just leave the image resolution as is and half the FG grid size? If the current grid size is not divisible by 2, then lower the overall image resolution just a little so it is divisible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If I understand correctly, once FGU is released, that can be done rather simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Sorry I missed your post. You are correct the scale is 20 ft. and so that gives us a huge problem. I can't make the map any bigger - it's already too big; and I can't really chop it up. But it won't fit a correctly sized grid as it stands at the moment. I'll need to play around with it. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference anyway to be honest.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you simply fix the grid? This is what I did just to move on. Ordinarily I would agree that it wouldn't make a lot of difference but there are a lot of descriptions that specify the size of the room and this affects AoE and range attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you simply fix the grid? This is what I did just to move on. Ordinarily I would agree that it wouldn't make a lot of difference but there are a lot of descriptions that specify the size of the room and this affects AoE and range attacks.
    In general we like to keep the grid at a size that can show the tokens and map without pixelization. Sometimes this is just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    In general we like to keep the grid at a size that can show the tokens and map without pixelization. Sometimes this is just not possible.
    Thanks for the clarification. I had not considered the pixelization problem. That can definitely be setback.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    The grid is currently at 35px so it doesn't divide by 2 otherwise I could just draw a grid at 17 or 18px. I'll need to change the map size either a little bigger or smaller to get a grid on it. The smaller the grid the thicker the grid lines are and the map looks a mess which is why I don't really like going below about 25px for the grid size.

Chopping the map up is probably the way to go so that a decent sized grid can be drawn on each bit.

It'll all have to wait a while before I can get to it; but I've noted it on my list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    WD Dragon Heist
    Verified in a new campaign, no extensions

I noticed a bunch of the maps (not DM versions, player versions) do not have pins to the story entries on them. Is this intentional? I'm guessing since they have multiple varieties it was decided pins didn't make sense? Can you please verify?
    Maps:
    - Cellar-Complex-Players
    - Mistshore
    - Masoleum
    etc

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tyranny of Dragons
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Here's the chapter 3 installment.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 19th, 2019 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    WD Dragon Heist
    Verified in a new campaign, no extensions

I noticed a bunch of the maps (not DM versions, player versions) do not have pins to the story entries on them. Is this intentional? I'm guessing since they have multiple varieties it was decided pins didn't make sense? Can you please verify?
    Maps:
    - Cellar-Complex-Players
    - Mistshore
    - Masoleum
    etc
    Yes, that's correct. It would be difficult to differentiate what pin referred to what scenario, and also in most cases if there were pins they'd all point to the same story entry. These maps are probably the only exceptions I've come across where you would be running things from the story entries rather than from the map pins.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information