DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 58 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last
    Volo's Guide

Very very minor one. Archdruid stat block has a space after it's 4th level spell "wall of fire" in the list in Spellcasting. It isn't noticeable until you make the stat block as small as possible horizontally. Doesn't affect anything except visuals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hoard of the Dragon Queen
    Rearguard Battle Map

This should be a trail between two outcroppings, not a flat forest battlemap. And that the rearguard are on top of the outcroppings. My googling images comes up with nothing. Suggestion: Take the present battle map and modify it (if you can) so that the trees are now outcroppings and add 15-foot slopes for the boulder to role down.

For now, the work around is to imagine that the trees are 15 foot high outcroppings and place the rearguard on them.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen
    Rearguard Battle Map

This should be a trail between two outcroppings, not a flat forest battlemap. And that the rearguard are on top of the outcroppings. My googling images comes up with nothing. Suggestion: Take the present battle map and modify it (if you can) so that the trees are now outcroppings and add 15-foot slopes for the boulder to role down.

For now, the work around is to imagine that the trees are 15 foot high outcroppings and place the rearguard on them.
    That map didn't come from WotC and was added by the original author (who is no longer around) of the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    That map didn't come from WotC and was added by the original author (who is no longer around) of the module.
    Hmmm. I guess we go with the workaround. Could you add a note to the module at that point suggesting that the DM & players use the trees as outcroppings, as well as putting the rearguard tokens in the trees (half on one side and half on the other).

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Hmmm. I guess we go with the workaround. Could you add a note to the module at that point suggesting that the DM & players use the trees as outcroppings, as well as putting the rearguard tokens in the trees (half on one side and half on the other).
    I think I'll leave that one up to each DM to decide.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Curse of Strahd

Here's a weird one, because I am pretty sure it's actually an error from WOTC that you guys fixed with the release. Victor's Spellbook, an item that is found in Parcel "05.03.N3t Victor's Spellbook", which is found in Story section "05.03.N3T. Victor's Workroom" is missing 2 spells. However the spells missing are Acid Splash, and Mending. This is weird, because you can only copy spells of 1st level and higher, and you can't cast spells using another Wizards spellbook. So there is no reason for them to be there.

Alas, they are mentioned to be in it, and they aren't in the spellbook at the moment. I don't personally believe they should be in it due to that potentially causing player confusion and I wouldn't be surprised if it is removed in a future errata. As it stands though, just wanted you to know in case you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Curse of Strahd

Here's a weird one, because I am pretty sure it's actually an error from WOTC that you guys fixed with the release. Victor's Spellbook, an item that is found in Parcel "05.03.N3t Victor's Spellbook", which is found in Story section "05.03.N3T. Victor's Workroom" is missing 2 spells. However the spells missing are Acid Splash, and Mending. This is weird, because you can only copy spells of 1st level and higher, and you can't cast spells using another Wizards spellbook. So there is no reason for them to be there.

Alas, they are mentioned to be in it, and they aren't in the spellbook at the moment. I don't personally believe they should be in it due to that potentially causing player confusion and I wouldn't be surprised if it is removed in a future errata. As it stands though, just wanted you to know in case you didn't.
    I wonder if that was already subject to errata? I didn't do CoS so I'm not sure and since it has been out for a long time now I doubt we'll see any new errata. Whilst cantrips are spells you are correct in that they shouldn't appear in a spellbook since you can't learn new cantrips by copying them. So despite the text I think the contents of the spellbook are currently correct. (It may be that the original author of the module realised this and so left them out - I just don't know and he's no longer around to ask).

Dug into it a bit. It was corrected in future printings of the book but was never put out as an official errata they published. This is coming from Chris Perkins, so the guy who wrote the book. So it is correct how it is at the moment. I bought my CoS physical book recently so it was just unfortunate I have an old version of it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/...40440764710913

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Dug into it a bit. It was corrected in future printings of the book but was never put out as an official errata they published. This is coming from Chris Perkins, so the guy who wrote the book. So it is correct how it is at the moment. I bought my CoS physical book recently so it was just unfortunate I have an old version of it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/...40440764710913
    I'll take a note to change the text.

Curse of Strahd

On a similar note, Kasimir has a spellbook with Ray of Frost. Same situation, it's not actually in the spellbook you guys put in like the one listed above, but like you were going to do with that one I would keep it how it is. Just letting y'all know that it is there. Couldn't find anywhere if they changed it in later versions of the book or not. I would think they did but I apparently don't have a new enough book to check.

But onto the main reason for this post. Kasimir only has his spellbook listed in Parcel "05.03.N9a Kasimir Loot". This is different from how the other spellbooks are, that can be found in the item list "Curse of Strahd - Treasure and Equipment" and so it should be added there.

All the spellbooks in CoS need the proper weights. Witch's spellbook has no weight, Kasimir's has 8lbs and the rest have 10lbs. There is no weight listed in CoS for any of them, but I would presume they have the same weight as the spellbook in the PHB, which is 3lbs. That 5-7lb difference would be fantastic for Wizards with low carrying weights in games that track weight, which is why I feel like it should be mentioned.

Thread Information