DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 58 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hopefully one of the Mods can move this to the House of Healing since it's not a 5E issue or bug

So we might need to know more.... but, try this;

Exit FG. In your campaign directory are multiple "db.session..." files. Rename your existing 'db.xml' file to 'db-bad.xml'. Then find that latest db.session file that has a good file size. copy that and name the duplicate to 'db.xml'. Restart FG and go into your cappaign. Things better?

By chance do you have your FG Data directory on a cloud location or tied to something like a Google Drive or OneDrive? Those are known to corrupt FG data, don't use them without making changes to how they work.
    Sorry about that, I'm still pretty new to forums, their etiquette, and Fantasy Grounds. To answer your questions, I do not believe my FG Data directory is on a cloud location (but I'm sure as I'm very ignorant of a computer's workings and directories, I just barely grasp it from elementary school education back in the late 90's/early 2000's). Also, after restarting Fantasy Grounds and entering the campaign, nothing has changed. My files are all xml files but not one of them was actually labeled as 'db.xml', just 'db'. Not sure if that's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    Sorry about that, I'm still pretty new to forums, their etiquette, and Fantasy Grounds. To answer your questions, I do not believe my FG Data directory is on a cloud location (but I'm sure as I'm very ignorant of a computer's workings and directories, I just barely grasp it from elementary school education back in the late 90's/early 2000's). Also, after restarting Fantasy Grounds and entering the campaign, nothing has changed. My files are all xml files but not one of them was actually labeled as 'db.xml', just 'db'. Not sure if that's helpful.
    It sounds like you may have the view of file extensions turned off. Assuming you are using windows 10, you can turn on the view of the file extension by selecting the View tab at the top, and checking the "File Name extensions" checkbox. you may have to widen the window for all the options to display.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    Sorry about that, I'm still pretty new to forums, their etiquette, and Fantasy Grounds. To answer your questions, I do not believe my FG Data directory is on a cloud location (but I'm sure as I'm very ignorant of a computer's workings and directories, I just barely grasp it from elementary school education back in the late 90's/early 2000's). Also, after restarting Fantasy Grounds and entering the campaign, nothing has changed. My files are all xml files but not one of them was actually labelled as 'db.xml', just 'db'. Not sure if that's helpful.
    When you are in the folder with all of your session files look up at the top of the folder and you'll see a row of menus. Click on the one that says View and then find on the right of the window that opens a tick box for 'File Name Extensions'. Tick the box and you will now be able to see the file extensions. Before you do anything at all to files in this folder please make a copy of it and keep it somewhere safe.

Once you have done that then follow LE's suggestion above. Rename the existing db.xml file and then find the session file that is the most recent (Click on the 'Date modified' to sort the files into date order) or is the largest size (click on the 'Size' at the top of the screen to sort by size). Rename that session file to db and start up your campaign. If that doesn't work then try the next most recent or largest file until you find a file that opens in your campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    It sounds like you may have the view of file extensions turned off. Assuming you are using windows 10, you can turn on the view of the file extension by selecting the View tab at the top, and checking the "File Name extensions" checkbox. you may have to widen the window for all the options to display.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    Terrific, thank you. I've done this and am now trying the next best sessions (according to sorting by date/size) as Zacchaeus recommends.

Blog Entries
    I get to the final encounter in 8.001 of 5th edition fantasy War-locked and the encounter does not work as the big bad is not in the module (encounter has a bad link).

A few of the rooms are also missing text boxes and there are haphazard errors in the rooms (like green slime not being created as a hazard even though it is there in the room description).

This module certainly needs more work in the conversion.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I get to the final encounter in 8.001 of 5th edition fantasy War-locked and the encounter does not work as the big bad is not in the module (encounter has a bad link).

A few of the rooms are also missing text boxes and there are haphazard errors in the rooms (like green slime not being created as a hazard even though it is there in the room description).

This module certainly needs more work in the conversion.
    I'll see that the developer for this one gets to know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is a bit of a weird one, and one idk how it would be fixed since I think it's more an implementation change that would need to be done. AFAIK this can be done with any module, but I tested with Curse of Strahd.

Whenever I rolled "02.06G Vistani Treasure" in Curse of Strahd, I had an interesting interaction. I had the Parcel tab open, the one that lists all the parcels. I had a separate group from what is in the module open at the time. Whenever I rolled the Vistani parcel roller, it added the parcel to that grouping automatically.

Is it supposed to add it to the Parcel group you have open automatically, or is it supposed to add it to the general parcel group and not a specific one? I know that's weird wording, if needed I can try to reword it.

Anything created will appear in the group which is selected at the time the thing is created.

Not sure if this has been reported or not, I'm in the middle of game and can't take the time. Tomb of Annihilation, Entry 05.10.06 34. Peephole, the link to Area 35A opens the story entry 05.10.13 38A. Control Room.

Likewise, the link to Area 35B in the same story entry opens 05.10.14 38B Access Tunnel.

Apologies if this has been reported already.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen
    Chapter 1 Encounter Table

Problem with the stat block for Acolyte*

The * indicates that the spell sanctuary has been replaced by command. In your stat block, it still has sanctuary and no command.

P.S. It would do you well to do the Tyranny of Dragons module. It has a lot of new stuff including new introduction, an alternative cover, and a lot of new artwork in the back. My suggestion would be, if you do Tyranny of Dragons, to give a discount to those that already purchased the original two modules.

Thread Information