5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 29 of 58 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    In the section "Proposal" of Baldur's Gate: Descend into Avernus, I believe there should be a subsection "Ability Checks and Deal-Making", but the formatting doesn't match.

BGDiA - Proposal.png

Quite correct. There's a missing header. Thanks for reporting
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Good idea. I think I can leave the dice off altogether or add in some words. I’ll figure something out.
    Keep the dice there at least in some way. Monsters have opportunities to take short rests themselves, and it'll future proof against any potential ability based on hit die if WOTC adds any.. Just my 2 cents.

Descent into Avernus

Appendix B: Hollyphant is missing a link to its stat block.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Descent into Avernus

Appendix B: Hollyphant is missing a link to its stat block.
    Noted
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Out of The Abyss

Nearly all potions list their rarity in the Description instead of in the "Rarity" section. The only exception is the Potion of Healing which is missing its rarity of "common".

Potion of Gaseous Form doesn't link to the spell.

TYP The Hidden Shrine

Potion of Invisiblity should say Potion of Invisibility.

Potion of Healing

This is a bit of a weird one. Potion of Healing has been said in the PHB to have a value of 50GP. Ignoring the DMG which does say Common items have a value of 50-100GP (arguably the item could be set to 50GP just due to the PHB exact number), the other potions of healing listed in various modules aren't consistent with the PHB value of 50GP. Some say the 50-100GP from the DMG which is fine, but some say random values. I'll just list all of them from various adventures below with the values listed next to them. They should be either 50GP or 50-100GP depending on which book you want to base them on.

All TYP modules that have potions of healing. Specifically Forge of Fury, Against the Giants, Sunless Citadel, Hidden Shrine, Dead in Thay - 32GP

Storm Kings Thunder - 42GP

Curse of Strahd - 50GP

Ghosts of Saltmarsh - 50-100GP

Hoard of the Dragon Queen - 50-100GP

Princes of the Apocalypse - 50-100GP

Rise of Tiamat - 50-100GP

Tomb of Annihilation - 50-100GP

Dragon Heist - 50-100GP

Mad Mage - 50-100GP

As you can see, most tend to be 50-100 GP. Which is fine. The ones listed should be either 50GP (PHB based) or 50-100GP (DMG based).

Just a quick question before I report something that may not be needed. Is there any reason a lot of magic items don't have their values consistent with the DMG? As an example, the Potion of Diminution in Storm Kings Thunder has a value of 1,076 which is different from the range in the DMG.

On a related note

Out of the Abyss

None of the magic items have a value listed.

History.

When the DMG was first produced a small piece of code was added to par5e which gave each magic item an actual price which was randomly determined based on the DMG range. One thing which flowed from this was that every time the DMG was updated the prices of all of the magic items were recalculated. This caused some confusion and so this bit of code was removed and all of the DMG items reverted to a price range.

When creating an adventure module which contains a magic item that is in the DMG parse pulls the item from the DMG rather than us having to create a magic item which already exists. The result of this is that when a module is first created or when it is updated it takes whatever information is in the DMG at that time. So when an adventure is created the price might be 40gp, the DMG might get updated and the price might change to 45gp and that would be the figure that would appear in the next adventure. Hence, depending on when a module is updated, the price could be very different. So if a module was last updated before the DMG prices changed that item would still show the price that item had in the DMG at that time.

A further complication is that some modules were not created using par5e but using FG itself (such as Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder and TYP). In such a module the price of a magic item would be whatever was in the DMG when that item was copied into the campaign from which the module was created. In this case the price of the item will become fixed forever at that price since any updates to the campaign from which the module was created will use the item in the campaign rather that what is in the DMG. Unless of course the price of the item was specifically amended in that campaign.

So. long story short you are likely to see a huge array of prices for all sorts of magic items spread across any number of modules; depending on when they were produced, when they were last updated and whether they were created in FG or not.

EDIT: and magic items are always taken from the DMG - the Potion of Healing in the PHB is an aberration.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 28th, 2019 at 22:27.

Hunh, neat bit of history right there. I guess that means Curse of Strahd, TYP modules and Storm Kings Thunder need their Healing Potion value adjusted to 50-100GP. Which is super minor and basically unneeded.

The Verdan race does not open in the Acquisitions Incorporated players module. I get the following message.
    verdan message.png

Edit: Backgrounds are not working either, the same message.
    Last edited by Raz651; September 29th, 2019 at 14:36.
    This is a signature testing 1. 2. 3.

Thread Information