DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 58 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last
    Here's the first installment. Again, I'm using OpenOffice.

This is the format I used:

E00-00-00

Corrected text (if any). I do indicate that if there are no changes.

CHANGES OR NOTES:

A couple other notes: I'm leaving the Introduction as is. The Tyranny of Dragons combines the two from HoDQ and RoT. I'm also leaving the references to the appendixes as is. An example is in Hoard of Dragons there is an Appendix B. In Tyranny of Dragons, it is now Appendix D.

Apparently, this forum's uploader does not recognize odt files. So, I zipped it.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 19th, 2019 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Thanks astromath; plenty of time. My revision of CoS that I am working on is taking way longer than I thought it would.
    The stuff I mentioned for CoS seems to pale in comparison to the ToD stuff astromath has been mentioning. They're a monster (in a good way) for going through ToD like they have been. Detailed oriented people, we like to find these things. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've been doing!

Artificers seem to be receiving the wrong number of spell slots; the attached image shows a newly-made level 7 Artificer using the Rising from the Last War module
    Annotation 2019-11-22 154304.jpg

Tag modification isn't working using commands like H[Tag].

For example, when using H[PRF], the proficiency bonus on rolls remains unchanged. Or, H[INT] does not change the INT bonus on an intelligence check.

Similarly X[Tag] does not appear to work, as in 2[INT] or 2[PRF].

Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1d20 View Post
    Artificers seem to be receiving the wrong number of spell slots; the attached image shows a newly-made level 7 Artificer using the Rising from the Last War module
    Annotation 2019-11-22 154304.jpg
    Well that is a problem.

Looks like the Artificer is being treated as a half caster rather than a full caster. Normally half casters get their spells at second level rather than at first. The problem is that FG has this information hard coded into it; so if it sees spellcasting at first level then it gives out spell slots according to the normal spell progression for a full caster. It doesn't recognise a half caster getting spells at first level.

So there's not a great deal I can do about it - it would need a coding change in the ruleset.

You can fix this in two ways; either manually adjust the spell slots every level or at 1st level click the magnifying glass next to the class and level line on the first tab and change the 'Caster' box from 1x to 1/2x. This will force FG to give out spell slots correctly from that point on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Tag modification isn't working using commands like H[Tag].

For example, when using H[PRF], the proficiency bonus on rolls remains unchanged. Or, H[INT] does not change the INT bonus on an intelligence check.

Similarly X[Tag] does not appear to work, as in 2[INT] or 2[PRF].

Is anyone else having this problem?
    You need to include the modifier inside the brackets; so [HPRF], [2STR] etc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    The stuff I mentioned for CoS seems to pale in comparison to the ToD stuff astromath has been mentioning. They're a monster (in a good way) for going through ToD like they have been. Detailed oriented people, we like to find these things. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've been doing!
    Well, actually I'm amazed at what you missed in Cos
    So far I've spent a week updating it.

Thx, Zacchaeus...that's right. I forgot that it was a dynamic effect that had to be applied from the character sheet. I asked this question once before on the Pathfinder side.

It's just not very useful because there are too many other effects and you have you reapply every time you make change, etc. Ideally, it would be great if the CT parser could handle it in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Here's the first installment. Again, I'm using OpenOffice.

This is the format I used:

E00-00-00

Corrected text (if any). I do indicate that if there are no changes.

CHANGES OR NOTES:

A couple other notes: I'm leaving the Introduction as is. The Tyranny of Dragons combines the two from HoDQ and RoT. I'm also leaving the references to the appendixes as is. An example is in Hoard of Dragons there is an Appendix B. In Tyranny of Dragons, it is now Appendix D.

Apparently, this forum's uploader does not recognize odt files. So, I zipped it.
    Good stuff; I'm going to save all of these up and do the whole thing at once. This adventure was already out by the time SW got the license so it was done quickly, hence the reason for a lot of the formatting errors with split and/or combined paragraphs and lack of attention to token placement. I've never really sat down with it (and I don't even have the original pdf either) but what you have done is first class. I'm assuming that this text is all from the new combined book that WotC put out recently. The only errata I got was to change around a few encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well, actually I'm amazed at what you missed in Cos
    So far I've spent a week updating it.
    I haven't read beyond Vallaki or through the Castle yet for what it's worth. The spellbook stuff I just scanned for quickly flipping through. I'll be sure to have a lot more in the future

Thread Information