STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 58 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well that is a problem.

Looks like the Artificer is being treated as a half caster rather than a full caster. Normally half casters get their spells at second level rather than at first. The problem is that FG has this information hard coded into it; so if it sees spellcasting at first level then it gives out spell slots according to the normal spell progression for a full caster. It doesn't recognise a half caster getting spells at first level.

So there's not a great deal I can do about it - it would need a coding change in the ruleset.

You can fix this in two ways; either manually adjust the spell slots every level or at 1st level click the magnifying glass next to the class and level line on the first tab and change the 'Caster' box from 1x to 1/2x. This will force FG to give out spell slots correctly from that point on.
    As a temp fix for this issue since recoding it all could take a bit, would adding some text in the class itself that the spell slots have to be manually modified once in the class sheet work?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    As a temp fix for this issue since recoding it all could take a bit, would adding some text in the class itself that the spell slots have to be manually modified once in the class sheet work?
    Yeah I can do that
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    I haven't read beyond Vallaki or through the Castle yet for what it's worth. The spellbook stuff I just scanned for quickly flipping through. I'll be sure to have a lot more in the future
    Do hang on until I’ve done the update. It is going to take mel another few days and I expect to miss this Tuesday, but should be able to get it out for the next one. There are literally hundreds of edits. The spellbooks created in parcels was just the tip of the iceberg. Every parcel was done that way. Dozens of missing encounters, NPCs etc. And have a look at the numbering in some of the chapters 😀
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do hang on until I’ve done the update. It is going to take mel another few days and I expect to miss this Tuesday, but should be able to get it out for the next one. There are literally hundreds of edits. The spellbooks created in parcels was just the tip of the iceberg. Every parcel was done that way. Dozens of missing encounters, NPCs etc. And have a look at the numbering in some of the chapters 
    Yea the various parcels once I started noticing them, I was gonna start creating a list instead of doing small posts since it was a lot but I held off when I saw you post recently about updating CoS. Good thing I waited since it seems like it was going to be fixed.

For what it's worth, I plan on reading through Princes of the Apocalypse soon. So may find stuff there.

Modules I do not own are showing up in my library with broken thumbnails that look like a small spider web:

DontOwnThese.png Here are a few
    TheseToo.png And some more

If I try to load them it says loaded, but nothing loads so the content isn't on my system, just the broken image in the library.

And in my token module library, if I unload something like the SRD tokens, the bag stays in my token window with all the tokens in it. Others (animal pogs) have just 1 or 2 tokens even when unloaded.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; November 23rd, 2019 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Modules I do not own are showing up in my library with broken thumbnails that look like a small spider web:

Here are a few
    And some more

If I try to load them it says loaded, but nothing loads so the content isn't on my system, just the broken image in the library.

And in my token module library, if I unload something like the SRD tokens, the bag stays in my token window with all the tokens in it. Others (animal pogs) have just 1 or 2 tokens even when unloaded.
    These are modules that a player that has joined your game owns and you don't. You can't access them but by clicking on the load button you allow the player to be able to use them in your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Unless there is an errata I'm unfamiliar with, the baked in grid is supposed to be 1 square = 20 feet:

Attachment 30403

Every description of each room implies that the FG grid is off.
    @Zacchaeus, did my response help you at all or do you still think the FG grid is correct?

Here's the next installment: Chapter 2. Please read my comments carefully.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 19th, 2019 at 20:03.

These are modules that a player that has joined your game owns and you don't. You can't access them but by clicking on the load button you allow the player to be able to use them in your campaign.
    That explains why only 5e stuff was showing up. I thought it was a funky thing. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    @Zacchaeus, did my response help you at all or do you still think the FG grid is correct?
    Sorry I missed your post. You are correct the scale is 20 ft. and so that gives us a huge problem. I can't make the map any bigger - it's already too big; and I can't really chop it up. But it won't fit a correctly sized grid as it stands at the moment. I'll need to play around with it. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference anyway to be honest.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 24th, 2019 at 10:04.

Thread Information