STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

One million foot square map - thank to Zatnikotel!

Download the interconnect dungeons:

https://www.deviantart.com/zatnikote...he-One-Million

50px x 50px build for fantasy grounds

MODERATOR: See post #11 for a Fantasy Grounds module put together LordNova2 - Thanks LordNova2!
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 16th, 2019 at 00:36.

Wow!

This is a very impressive map system. What's even more impressive is that the designer implied he was adding more to it. One poster said, "Somebody needs to write an adventure module for this." The designer, Zatnikotel replied, "I think I may need to add a few more maps first, so that it makes a little more sense."
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Nice maps.

Quote Originally Posted by davelacorneille View Post
    50px x 50px build for fantasy grounds
    Are they specifically built for Fantasy Grounds? The only maps I could find are 3500x3500 resolution, which is approximately 3 times the FGC recommended resolution of 2048x2048.

And looking at it in more detail - the maps are listed as 50-inch x 50-inch battlemaps. So, at 3500x3500 pixels, these are 70 pixels per grid square (assuming 1 inch = 1 grid square).

Resizing to 2500x2500 (50 pixels per grid square) would be much better for FG - each map would still be 1.5 times the recommended size, but this is way better than 3 times the recommended size. :-)
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 10th, 2019 at 01:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice maps for FGU!

Yesterday, i just played a game with on FG and it was ok. A couple second of loading time but OK for us.

Quote Originally Posted by davelacorneille View Post
    Yesterday, i just played a game with on FG and it was ok. A couple second of loading time but OK for us.
    Running one or two maps like that is "OK". The recommendation for map size is there because large maps take up a lot of memory, and Fantasy Grounds in it's current form is a 32-bit app that has limited memory - even if the computer itself has a lot of memory. If you're in a game with a lot of library modules open, a few maps shared and you're in a combat, Fantasy Grounds is going to be using a lot of it's limited memory resources. Hence the recommendation to keep maps within a reasonable size (2048x2048 pixels).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, regardless of whether you're running on current version of FG (or FGU in the future); larger files still take longer to transfer than smaller files.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, regardless of whether you're running on current version of FG (or FGU in the future); larger files still take longer to transfer than smaller files.
    To clarify - in FGC the transfer (share to player) time is based off the file size, not the resolution of the image. Is this still the case with FGU?

Yes, the file still needs to be transferred to each client who needs to see it. The FGU code is a little smarter about only sending stuff as it is shown, as opposed to any referenced in data values shared.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information