FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Rolemaster - Update (?) Bugs

I've just run into a problem when creating new adventure modules - seems only to affect the RMC. Map pins are not saved when FG is closed. The room descriptions are saved but the Pins placed on maps are deleted - annoying. Any ideas anyone?

Are you saying that a module you export is not storing map shortcuts (links) or is this just in a campaign (not related to a module)?

If just in a campaign, I can't recreate your issue. Make sure that shortcuts are enabled on the map (right-click -> Layers -> Enable shortcuts). Also try pressing the CTRL key to see if the shortcuts appear.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If I close the Campaign - on re-opening all the map links are lost. Shortcuts have been enabled. Pressing CTRL does not fix the issue. I've made dozens of RMC modules and never had this problem until a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I've made dozens of RMC modules and never had this problem until a few days ago.
    I'm still confused on how to recreate this issue as you've mentioned creating modules in both of your posts - are module images/links involved in this issue? Or is this purely an issue with campaign based data?

Please provide exact steps to recreate your issue as I can't recreate it currently.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1) Create Campaign
    2) Add Room Descriptions to a Story Tab
    3) Add map
    4) Drag Story (room) entry across to map - Pin created.
    5) Close Fantasy Grounds - have a cup of tea.
    6) Start up Fantasy Grounds and open Campaign.
    7) Open Map - Pins missing. Open Story - room descriptions present.

Thus - little point in exporting the Campaign as a Module as all the map links are missing.

A set map grid is also lost (not that this is a problem)...
    Last edited by Stuart; May 7th, 2019 at 19:33. Reason: Extra info

1) Create Campaign
    2) Add Room Descriptions to a Story Tab
    3) Add map
    4) Drag Story (room) entry across to map - Pin created.
    5) Close Fantasy Grounds - have a cup of tea.
    6) Start up Fantasy Grounds and open Campaign.
    7) Open Map - Pins missing. Open Story - room descriptions present.
    I follow these steps *exactly* and it works fine for me without issue.

What operating system are you running on?

Try this - before step 5, open a console window using the \console chat command, then exit FG from the desktop right-click menu - don't close down via the window X button. Are there any errors/warning reported in the console window? If no errors are reported, re-load your campaign and see if the links are there?

No errors reported and links missing.
    Windows 10.
    As I said, never had this issue before. Only happens with the RMC (tested 2E & 5E both fine) and it happens with any new RMC campaign. Opening an older RMC campaign (old meaning created a week ago) is fine - the Pins persist.

I've followed your steps and can't recreate your issue - see this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10DE...ew?usp=sharing Are you doing anything different?

What version of the ruleset is reported in the chat window? I'm using 1.7.9.

If an older campaign works, but a new one doesn't, then I'm guessing there might be an issue with the db.xml file being saved correctly. Make sure you have full control (read/write, execute, etc.) on the campaign directory and all sub folders.

FG 3.3.7 and RMC 1.7.9

I'm doing nothing different from the video link.
    The latter sounds likely - sorry to be ignorant, where do I look for/set up "full control"?

The latter sounds likely - sorry to be ignorant, where do I look for/set up "full control"?
    Go to your <FG app data> directory and right-click on campaigns -> select properties. The following window opens (the one on the left).

1) Click on the Security tab
    2) Make sure authenticated users is selected and click the Edit button
    3) Ensure Full control is selected.
    4) Click "OK". If it asks if you want to apply the setting to all sub directories select yes.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information