DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    You want other projects Kelrugem?

Any way to modify the character sheet to calculate max hp as base hp (rolled hp) + (con modifier) x (level). Make con modifier a variable so that one can change it to charisma for example.
    Character sheet effects have something called level as an effect ( the effect called LVL)
    Npc have a hit dice which they have access to in fantasy grounds.
    Also modify the effect "CON" so that you increase total hit points or decrease it if receiving a con effect.

Alternativly you take damage based on con and level if taking con damage as an effect, and getting temp hit points when getting con boost (not 100% correct, but increase or decrease hp might be difficult?)
    Nice ideas, I will add them to the list (now I really need a list; when I wrote about a "list" before then I just meant that I memorize it )

Kel, I would just ask that you separate things as cannon, 3rd party, and drug-induced. I love your work, but I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of non-cannon material to set things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Kel, I would just ask that you separate things as cannon, 3rd party, and drug-induced. I love your work, but I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of non-cannon material to set things up.
    Do you mean the use of CUSTOM with the effects SAVE and SIMMUNE? The problem is that any other solution would need much more coding, so it would be also less future-proof when the ruleset changes, i.e. the maintenance would increase a lot (in that way effects work like usual, the effect coding remains the same) When you find the use of CUSTOM complicated: It is already like that in standard FG, I didn't change anything for CUSTOM It is always that complicated
    when I would implement it differently then it may also only work for predefined tags, while it is now easily possible to add new tags as a DM and player avoiding them to code anything (I guess you ask for something like "SAVE: 2, reflex, spell, enchantment,..."? that is sadly a bit more complicated)

But I understand what you mean, besides the CUSTOM one has to know that one has to separate different tags in the tag line of the spell save description by a semicolon. I try to see if it is also possible that commas can be used instead

EDIT: If you meant my last message about the fix, that was just something in the background Nothing changes for the users of that extension except that it now works as intended, hopefully
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 6th, 2019 at 18:14.

I was talking about Svandal's suggestions for the future, which you seemed to indicate you would 'add to the list.'

I was talking about Svandal's suggestions for the future, which you seemed to indicate you would 'add to the list.'

Aaaah, now I understand, sorry

Yes, of course, when I add something which is more complicated then other stuff in some extension or which could disturb current ways of playing games, then I will make separate extensions of course such that everyone can build his "own package" of extensions and stuff Or I add it via some option in the options, I have to see how I am doing that E.g. I will never drastically change existing effects. Svandal's suggestion of the new CON effect I would add as a separate effect (in a possible separate extension) because I can think of situations in which someone maybe does not want the automatic HP reduction (since HP is affected by a lot of things)

Thanks for that I will keep in mind to separate things

EDIT: and although there is a "list" I do not know when and whether I add all these things (the caster level effect will probably be not possible since that would need a complete rewrite of all the spell actions, it has to be done differently then). Also, the third and last year of my PhD starts soon, I expect that I have to spend soon a lot of my free time for my thesis; and I have to move to Lyon for my last research year Thus, I may not be able to code a lot soon (sadly). So it is unlikely that the existing extensions change too much
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 6th, 2019 at 19:22.

Good luck with the PhD!

Good luck with the PhD!
    Thank you

The combination with StrainInjury is now back in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...695#post445695

There was some little bug that the target removing when spell immunity was applied did not work when the caster was a player. Should be fixed now I update this in the combined packages in StrainInjury, too

I may soon upload a very new extension of Save versus tags. At the moment the biggest problem of that extension is the lag when you have too many CUSTOM effects. For each CUSTOM the code iterates through all effects searching for the effects and that behaviour is multiplicative, i.e. the more CUSTOMs you have the more often it iterates through all effects. This can produce a somewhat sort of big loop which causes lags (starting around five or six CUSTOMs).

I was able to reduce that lag a lot (but I did not upload that yet) by breaking that loop. But there can be still a small lag when you use a lot of these effects while doing a full attack (then due to the IF), but for standard situations and in general the lag is reduced a lot. Before I will upload that new version I want to see first if I can still improve that with respect to the lag Then there is soon hopefully a much better version of saves versus tags

Thread Information