Back our Kickstarter Campaign going on Now
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    I'm trying to setup the racial bonuses for my android player, but I think I'm getting something fundamentally wrong here.

Set up like this it works fine against mindaffecting, but nothing else
    Attachment 27345
    Attachment 27346

Set up like this it applies the bonus to every spell, no matter the tags
    Attachment 27347
    Attachment 27348

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
    Ah, yes, that is due to how the CUSTOM effect works in FG (generally; my extension doesn't change that). As far as I know FG reads the effects from the left to the right. When there is an IF or IFT effect then it stops there when the CUSTOM tag can not be found It is like a door and FG runs from left to right, when one of the doors is closed then it skips that effect from that point on. That is the reason why your mindaffecting worked but not the other because it already stops at the beginning due to the lack of the tag about mindaffecting

When I understand your purpose right then the android gets a +4 racial bonus when at least one tag is in the spell, isn't it? (and not all together)

Therefore rather make four separate effects:

IF: CUSTOM(mindaffecting); SAVE: 4 racial

then new separate effect for

IF: CUSTOM(poison); SAVE: 4 racial

and so on

If you want that several tags have to be there at the same time for one effect (like the bonus applies only to enchantment spells but not to spelllike enchantments) then e.g. write

IF: CUSTOM(spell); IF: CUSTOM(enchantment); SAVE: 4 racial

(and not IF: CUSTOM(spell; enchantment); SAVE: 4 racial)

(So all IF's/'doors' at the beginning then one gets only the bonus when there are the tags 'spell' AND 'enchantment' )

I hope I explained the mechanic of IF/IFT well enough The picture as a 'door' might help

So, as a general rule: Make always separate effects for each IF and when you want several tags asked at the same time, then put them all at the beginning like in my example (with separate CUSTOM entries; CUSTOM(spell; enchantment) will not work properly as you have seen, too. That is properly due to the semicolon which breaks the CUSTOM such that it becomes informational text only for FG and so it is completely ignored as in your example)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 15th, 2019 at 22:39.

Thank you, I didn't know that IF/IFT works that way. All working as intended now
    Pathfinder GM -Ultimate License
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    Thank you, I didn't know that IF/IFT works that way. All working as intended now
    Cool, makes me glad, too (I am always a bit afraid about whether I coded something wrong )

Thread Information