DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    I'm trying to setup the racial bonuses for my android player, but I think I'm getting something fundamentally wrong here.

Set up like this it works fine against mindaffecting, but nothing else
    Attachment 27345
    Attachment 27346

Set up like this it applies the bonus to every spell, no matter the tags
    Attachment 27347
    Attachment 27348

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
    Ah, yes, that is due to how the CUSTOM effect works in FG (generally; my extension doesn't change that). As far as I know FG reads the effects from the left to the right. When there is an IF or IFT effect then it stops there when the CUSTOM tag can not be found It is like a door and FG runs from left to right, when one of the doors is closed then it skips that effect from that point on. That is the reason why your mindaffecting worked but not the other because it already stops at the beginning due to the lack of the tag about mindaffecting

When I understand your purpose right then the android gets a +4 racial bonus when at least one tag is in the spell, isn't it? (and not all together)

Therefore rather make four separate effects:

IF: CUSTOM(mindaffecting); SAVE: 4 racial

then new separate effect for

IF: CUSTOM(poison); SAVE: 4 racial

and so on

If you want that several tags have to be there at the same time for one effect (like the bonus applies only to enchantment spells but not to spelllike enchantments) then e.g. write

IF: CUSTOM(spell); IF: CUSTOM(enchantment); SAVE: 4 racial

(and not IF: CUSTOM(spell; enchantment); SAVE: 4 racial)

(So all IF's/'doors' at the beginning then one gets only the bonus when there are the tags 'spell' AND 'enchantment' )

I hope I explained the mechanic of IF/IFT well enough The picture as a 'door' might help

So, as a general rule: Make always separate effects for each IF and when you want several tags asked at the same time, then put them all at the beginning like in my example (with separate CUSTOM entries; CUSTOM(spell; enchantment) will not work properly as you have seen, too. That is properly due to the semicolon which breaks the CUSTOM such that it becomes informational text only for FG and so it is completely ignored as in your example)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 15th, 2019 at 22:39.

Thank you, I didn't know that IF/IFT works that way. All working as intended now
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    Thank you, I didn't know that IF/IFT works that way. All working as intended now
    Cool, makes me glad, too (I am always a bit afraid about whether I coded something wrong )

UPDATE 3: I have now added several new features

1. The information of other tags in the save chat message will now be only displayed when there are really other tags available.
    2. I have added the effect 'SR: (N) [bonus type]'. This adds the number N as spell resistance and it does not stack with the existing value of spell resistance in the sheets since spell resistance works like that as far as I know. But, due to the mechanic of effects in FG, several different SR effects might stack when there is not a suitable bonus type, i.e. 'SR: 13; SR: 2' would result into 'SR: 15'. Hence, rather use a generic bonus type like 'SR: 13 enhancement; SR: 2 enhancement' to avoid that stacking although there is not any bonus type for magical effects for SR in the core rules. There is also not any information about the effect bonus in the chat message to avoid that players can estimate the SR of their target (but the effect seemingly works, trust me or play a bit with it :P). beware, this effect can not be combined with tags, so IF: CUSTOM (tag) will not work with SR. For some unknown reason I get some errors there and I was not able yet to find out why.
    3. There is also now an effect for spell immunity! The effect is 'SIMMUN' and you trigger that effect only by pressing on the cast button. When the target has SIMMUN then you see [FAILURE] in the chat message of the cast message and the target will be removed according to your choice in the options for Remove on Miss. This effect can be combined with tags, e.g. 'IF: CUSTOM (mindaffecting); SIMMUN' will work Clicking on the attack, CLC or save button will not check for that effect, so your players can still cast when there should be a reason for that and you do not have to turn that effect of then (and since e.g. SR is not asked/checked when clicking on the save button and I wanted to keep that procedure also for SIMMUN). See later: It is now SIMMUNE, not SIMMUN

For the people who knows a bit of code (otherwise stop to read now, it may get boring ), I found some bug (?) in removeTarget function in the CoreRPG file manager_targeting.lua (maybe interesting for you, MoonWizard, when you are reading that?). removeTarget not only removes some target of the actor (e.g. the caster) it also adds the target to the actor when the target is actually not a target, i.e. removeTarget(actor, Test) adds Test as a target of the actor when Test is not a target of the actor which is probably not the wanted aim of that function, isn't? Therefore I changed that function by adding adding an if-clause checking wether Test is actually a target. One can test that bug by taking some player character, then turn Remove on Miss to On such that also single targets are removed. Make sure that this character has not any target and then drag&drop an attack die from a weapon action onto some NPC in the CT. When it is a miss then that player will get that NPC as target. On the next miss it will be removed, but again it is added after the next miss and so on.

(And I found out that targets of are ignored for CLC checks when one has 'Manual Dice rolls: On' and is triggering the CLC button by the cast button; but I didn't change that since that was not so important for me. But I was confused when checking the SR effect)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 23rd, 2019 at 19:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    UPDATE 3: I have now added several new features

1. The information of other tags in the save chat message will now be only displayed when there are really other tags available.
    2. I have added the effect 'SR: (N) [bonus type]'. This adds the number N as spell resistance and it does not stack with the existing value of spell resistance in the sheets since spell resistance works like that as far as I know. But, due to the mechanic of effects in FG, several different SR effects might stack when there is not a suitable bonus type, i.e. 'SR: 13; SR: 2' would result into 'SR: 15'. Hence, rather use a generic bonus type like 'SR: 13 enhancement; SR: 2 enhancement' to avoid that stacking although there is not any bonus type for magical effects for SR in the core rules. There is also not any information about the effect bonus in the chat message to avoid that players can estimate the SR of their target (but the effect seemingly works, trust me or play a bit with it :P). beware, this effect can not be combined with tags, so IF: CUSTOM (tag) will not work with SR. For some unknown reason I get some errors there and I was not able yet to find out why.
    3. There is also now an effect for spell immunity! The effect is 'SIMMUN' and you trigger that effect only by pressing on the cast button. When the target has SIMMUN then you see [FAILURE] in the chat message of the cast message and the target will be removed according to your choice in the options for Remove on Miss. This effect can be combined with tags, e.g. 'IF: CUSTOM (mindaffecting); SIMMUN' will work Clicking on the attack, CLC or save button will not check for that effect, so your players can still cast when there should be a reason for that and you do not have to turn that effect of then (and since e.g. SR is not asked/checked when clicking on the save button and I wanted to keep that procedure also for SIMMUN).

For the people who knows a bit of code (otherwise stop to read now, it may get boring ), I found some bug (?) in removeTarget function in the CoreRPG file manager_targeting.lua (maybe interesting for you, MoonWizard, when you are reading that?). removeTarget not only removes some target of the actor (e.g. the caster) it also adds the target to the actor when the target is actually not a target, i.e. removeTarget(actor, Test) adds Test as a target of the actor when Test is not a target of the actor which is probably not the wanted aim of that function, isn't? Therefore I changed that function by adding adding an if-clause checking wether Test is actually a target. One can test that bug by taking some player character, then turn Remove on Miss to On such that also single targets are removed. Make sure that this character has not any target and then drag&drop an attack die from a weapon action onto some NPC in the CT. When it is a miss then that player will get that NPC as target. On the next miss it will be removed, but again it is added after the next miss and so on.

(And I found out that targets of are ignored for CLC checks when one has 'Manual Dice rolls: On' and is triggering the CLC button by the cast button; but I didn't change that since that was not so important for me. But I was confused when checking the SR effect)
    Nice, the spell resistance will be especially helpful. We have 2 characters running around with the spell resistance spell.
    For the spell immunity it is really difficult to spot that is is a failure, but we can only add some ridiculous high save in order to spot it. Like IF: Custom(fire); SIMMUN; SAVES: +999.
    It will be helpful for those multiple target spells like hold person mass.
    One minor thing. You call it "SIMMUN", you should call it "SIMMUNE"
    For the automatic parcing of spell level. Without looking at the code there might be a way to extract the spell level. Spell DC can be based off spell level where you put it. So in theory the information should be there. Is there any way to read the information in "Class DC+" button in saves and use this information when making the tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Nice, the spell resistance will be especially helpful. We have 2 characters running around with the spell resistance spell.
    For the spell immunity it is really difficult to spot that is is a failure, but we can only add some ridiculous high save in order to spot it. Like IF: Custom(fire); SIMMUN; SAVES: +999.
    It will be helpful for those multiple target spells like hold person mass.
    One minor thing. You call it "SIMMUN", you should call it "SIMMUNE"
    For the automatic parcing of spell level. Without looking at the code there might be a way to extract the spell level. Spell DC can be based off spell level where you put it. So in theory the information should be there. Is there any way to read the information in "Class DC+" button in saves and use this information when making the tags?
    Yes, it is hard to see in the chat when there is a FAILURE in the cast, especially when there is a save, CLC and attack roll, too Hmmm, I might think about another solution, maybe sending a chat message after all rolls about whether it failed or not? (But your workaround with SAVE:+999 should work, at least for spells which allow saves without the save roll it should hopefully be readable). But I also have in general a problem with the chat outputs in FG, they often look chaotic, even without my extensions I could try to do something similar as in the combat enhancer of Styrmir/kenL. There is a graphical hint whether a target succeeded or not

Oh,oops, yes, I forgot the E in SIMMUNE At the moment it works only with SIMMUN but I may change that Thanks, didn't see that somehow

Aaah, yes, very good idea. I didn't think about that the DC already reads the actual spell level... Thanks! That should help, with that information automatic parsing should be hopefully no problem I will investigate that soon
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 23rd, 2019 at 18:58.

It is now SIMMUNE and SIMMUN Just updated it

I have updated the extension to 3.3.8 Do not use it with previous versions (and wait for the 3.3.8 update when you are not playing in the test mode) and the combined version with strain and injury is deleted, it comes back when strain and injury is also compatible with 3.3.8

My advanced effects gets a major update in some hours, too Therefore this extension has nothing new except compatibility because the advanced effects extension needed too much time

Here is the older version for save versus tags which is compatible with 3.3.7 when one already wants to use it (due to Discord discussion, I upload that again)

Also due to the discussion on Discord: SIMMUNE can be of course applied against any action like fear auras, not only against spells though the name SIMMUNE comes from spell immunity
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 22nd, 2019 at 01:44.

That is awesome thank you! Tried IMMUNE: sleep, and did not see it work. Would it be possible to incorporate? Thanks Kelrugem!
    Last edited by dellanx; June 22nd, 2019 at 17:05.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information