FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, this should sadly not work, isn't it? someone else on Discord also tried this but there are several problems: On one hand more than one tag in CUSTOM is normally not possible (all tags in it will be looked as one big combined tag isntead) and on the other hand you separate them with a semicolon As with other effects a semicolon breaks an effect line into two separate effects (but one has to use the semicolon in the tag line of the spell save description in the action tab of course), therefore I assume that your IF is now without function and SIMMUNE will now always be turned on When you try a spell or action without one of these tags, then I think you still get an immunity message (which you do not want)

(But would be funny if it works, but normally it shouldn't )

At least this is how I understand that stuff works in FG (my extension doesn't change that)

So you normally have to put up a separate new effect for each tag. But Moon Wizard told me that this can cause FG lags when one has too many effects (a general "problem" in FG) So you have to see which effects are more important, which you turn off or (when it is about a Player character) ask that player to memorize some of the immunities such that that player can tell you when an immunity is important
    I tested that further and all it does is return [FAILURE] always, so it does not work.

I changed previous message:

Playing with it I discovered that if one has five effects on everything works fine, with six or more things slow down or crash.

For Example

this works fine:
    IF: CUSTOM(paralysis); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(poison); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(sleep); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(stunning); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(deatheffect); SIMMUNE

this slows down or crashes:
    IF: CUSTOM(paralysis); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(poison); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(sleep); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(stunning); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(deatheffect); SIMMUNE
    IF: CUSTOM(energydrain); SIMMUNE

When I tried something like this it does not work (the semi-colons ";" between effects make this always on and RETURNED "FAILED" , and commas "," always off, and RETURNS nothing.

IF: CUSTOM(paralysis;poison;sleep;disease;mindaffectin g;stunning;abilitydrain;deatheffects;disease;energ ydrain; exhaustion;fatigue); SIMMUNE

Thanks

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Yes, that is exactly what I expected But this is not due to my extension, this is how FG works in general, I didn't change the CUSTOM in FG. So you probably also get lags without my extension (I did). And the semicolon separates the effect line at his position into two effects, that is the reason why IF didn't work anymore (because the right bracket got separated) and so SIMMUNE is then always on true (This is how the semicolon works there, therefore one writes ATK: 2; DMG: 2 and not ATK: 2, DMG: 2.)

This is sadly nothing I can change. The effect lag is also there without extensions and Moon Wizard told me that the effect tab is not built for so many effects (but as a GM you probably can prepare which effects you may need for the encounter). Maybe this gets better in Unity at some point? I do not know, I do sadly have no experience about "performance coding"

EDIT: My extension only saves all the tags of a spell as an effect and adds that to all targets such that a CUSTOM can return true Everything else works as usual in FG (of course SIMMUNE is from me, but replacing that with SAVE should also result into lags)

EDIT2: but I was thinking about to allow multiple tags in CUSTOM as it works for TYPE. But I doubt that this helps with the lags then And then I really would have to change CUSTOM, such that the extension is less future proof when FG gets updates
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 24th, 2019 at 02:06.

Therefore I personally only use very frequently needed effects like IF: CUSTOM(spell); SAVE: 2 racial and so on, especially when damage in the spell is involved. Such things like immunity versus sleep spells are (normally?) easy to remember and I handle that still manually, e.g. for undeads it is often clear that they are immune to basically everything Depends strongly, for NPCs there should be less lag since they have in general less effects. But for PCs I would really recommend to tell your players that they should memorize their own immunities, then you can avoid to type in all possible effects and only the essential ones

But what also helps: Put all informational-only effects on off. All effects which are off do not produce more lag, but they can produce lag when they are on although they are just informational (FG still reads them; FG doesn't know that they are just informational before it has read them => lag possible due to reading of these informations)

Hopefully this helps, we will see how the performany of effects-reading change in the future

I wonder how it will function in Unity with this issue? Also good to know so it fors not happen during a game.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I wonder how it will function in Unity with this issue? Also good to know so it fors not happen during a game.
    Good question, Moon Wizard could probably answer that but I do not know if he reads this thread. Maybe you can ask that in one of the Unity Threads?

I would also be glad when the performance of the effects reading would improve because I really like that as a helping tool when one has a lot of magical effects, especially in higher levels. But in higher levels one has then too many effects for FG and so lag probably exists which then sadly reduces the usability of effects

I just realised that the tag information with CUSTOM etc. does not work when the effect lies on someone who is controlled by a player. It seems that informations are differently distributed when a character is controlled by someone such that the code is not finding these informations. I try to fix that as soon as possible

I have a question Kelrugem. Is there a way to add caster level as an effect? My players have encountered lots of negative levels in the last weeks, and I do not think there are any effects that modifies their caster levels (yes they are all spell casters in one way or another ) There is only the CLC which only modifies the caster level check for spell resistance, not the concentration check, and not the variables based on caster level. (like fireball doing xd6 fire damage where x is caster level)

One more challenge, make "ray of enfeeblement" to work with effects:
    There are effects for ability scores, but they only support numerical values (like STR: +4), is it easy to implement dice and numerical value like Fantasy grounds do with many other effects like SKILL?
    Bonus to make it work with your caster level. Example, I would like to make an effect on ray of enfeeblement to do: CL is caster level, H is halved
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: 1d6 + H[CL](max 5) (this is the dream, and the dream dream is making it work on NPC sheets)
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: 1d6 + 5 (this is more realistic, only get the dice support, and the dice support is the most important)

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I have a question Kelrugem. Is there a way to add caster level as an effect? My players have encountered lots of negative levels in the last weeks, and I do not think there are any effects that modifies their caster levels (yes they are all spell casters in one way or another ) There is only the CLC which only modifies the caster level check for spell resistance, not the concentration check, and not the variables based on caster level. (like fireball doing xd6 fire damage where x is caster level)

One more challenge, make "ray of enfeeblement" to work with effects:
    There are effects for ability scores, but they only support numerical values (like STR: +4), is it easy to implement dice and numerical value like Fantasy grounds do with many other effects like SKILL?
    Bonus to make it work with your caster level. Example, I would like to make an effect on ray of enfeeblement to do: CL is caster level, H is halved
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: 1d6 + H[CL](max 5) (this is the dream, and the dream dream is making it work on NPC sheets)
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: 1d6 + 5 (this is more realistic, only get the dice support, and the dice support is the most important)
    Very good ideas, I add that to my list The one with the caster level I already have on my list

I just tried to fix the problem that player controlled characters are not affected by the tags in the last hours, but I was sadly not able to solve that. For some reason FG treats player controlled characters differently and I did not figure out yet how to correct that. Hopefully I will be able to do that soon

I now have fixed the problem So now the CUSTOM combinations with SIMMUNE and SAVE also works for the clients. Everything now works as intended when you download the new version, you do not have to change anything in your effects, the fix is only in the background

So, the problem was before that players were always ignoring SIMMUNE on NPCs and when your players had some CUSTOM combination with SAVE it actually didn't work... oops Sorry for that, I was not aware of that some code will not work when the client is doing something I now rewrote a lot, so there is now more transition of data between host and client, especially everything should now work as intended (but to the cost of that you now sometimes see extremely shortly the tag effect in the CT, but it is rapidly removed again)

Really sorry that I was not aware of that problem, I was always testing that as a host not as a client (and you probably, too, because noone told me yet about that problem Except one user who made me aware of that, thanks! ). As a little sorry I added also some graphical hint for SIMMUNE in the chat message because spell immunity was difficult to see: The star for the cast message will be cancelled by a red line then

I tested it now a lot (also on the client side ), but please tell me if there are still problems

Beware that this version is still for 3.3.8 already

EDIT: And a big thank you to Trenloe He was helping me with finding out what the problem was. Without him I would probably not have found the issue of client and host stuff

EDIT2: When Strain and Injury is compatible with 3.3.8 then I will combine this fix with it of course
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 6th, 2019 at 18:16.

You want other projects Kelrugem?😁

Any way to modify the character sheet to calculate max hp as base hp (rolled hp) + (con modifier) x (level). Make con modifier a variable so that one can change it to charisma for example.
    Character sheet effects have something called level as an effect ( the effect called LVL)
    Npc have a hit dice which they have access to in fantasy grounds.
    Also modify the effect "CON" so that you increase total hit points or decrease it if receiving a con effect.

Alternativly you take damage based on con and level if taking con damage as an effect, and getting temp hit points when getting con boost (not 100% correct, but increase or decrease hp might be difficult?)

Thread Information