STAR TREK 2d20

Possible bug (?): Dodge bonus to Reflex still applied while flatfooted

Hi

I am not sure if that is a bug or if the effect flatfooted is just made for the AC calculation in FG but dodge bonusses to Reflex are still applied in FG although one is flatfooted (dodge bonus is mainly for AC but there are also some occasions where one gets a dodge bonus to Reflex like with haste). Normally dodge bonusses to reflex should not be allowed while flatfooted (though DEX still applies to reflex, so some exception ;D otherwise there would be no reason to have a dodge bonus for reflex when it works like an untyped bonus). It is a somewhat rare situation but I wanted to mention that here

Have a nice day.

Best,

Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 31st, 2019 at 13:48.

Blog Entries
    Well, what I remember of the rules is pretty obscure, but isn't the dodge action an action? And your only flat footed if you have not taken an action so how can you be dodging if you are flat footed? Therefore how can you have the effect dodge if should be flatfooted?

Thought their are probably edge cases I suspect FG doesn't have the logic to have the flatfooted effect cancel the dodge effect. It would play havoc with the edge cases you mentioned and I suspect if it was thought of the decision was to let the players/DM's make the correct call by turning off the effects when not appropriate.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, what I remember of the rules is pretty obscure, but isn't the dodge action an action? And your only flat footed if you have not taken an action so how can you be dodging if you are flat footed? Therefore how can you have the effect dodge if should be flatfooted?

Thought their are probably edge cases I suspect FG doesn't have the logic to have the flatfooted effect cancel the dodge effect. It would play havoc with the edge cases you mentioned and I suspect if it was thought of the decision was to let the players/DM's make the correct call by turning off the effects when not appropriate.
    No, in that case it is not an action, in 3.5e it is a type of bonus which stacks For both, AC and reflex, are dodge bonusses possible but they are not applied while flatfooted. By buffs from casters and magic items or feats etc. dodge bonusses to AC and reflex are possible, also before one had his first action Is not that uncommon (the spell haste already gives such a situation) and one is also considered flatfooted while being attacked by invisible creatures etc..

The FG code already automates the dodge bonus with respect to AC and flatfooted, e.g. effects like "AC: 1 dodge" are ignored while being flatfooted But this does not happen for dodge bonusses on reflex and I didn't know that flatfooted is not fully automated and therefore I never turned off these effects in such situations but I am also not sure how easy it is to implementate that, too.

So, it is also more like a wish-thread, too (but too small for adding it to the official wish list)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 31st, 2019 at 16:40.

Blog Entries
    Ah, I remember those. Will have to see what "those in the know" come back and say

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information