5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

looking for homebrew Artificer Module

I have been searching for a Module of Kibble's Tasty Artificer Revised 5e. He has the PDF free out there for anyone to use, and I was hoping someone has a module of it. I can't find one with all my google-fu and everything. Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; May 5th, 2019 at 01:31.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Distribution of such a module would not be allowed without the creator's permission. However it's easy enough to create your own class in FG https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Creation-Video
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus, I have made the class, and reached out to the owner of the class. He has given me permission to distribute the module freely. May I link it here or where best would it be to share it? I am quite new here.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus, I have made the class, and reached out to the owner of the class. He has given me permission to distribute the module freely. May I link it here or where best would it be to share it? I am quite new here.
    You can share it here. Just create a new post and attach the . mod file. Make sure you add a story entry citing the author of the class and noting that permission has been given to distribute. Also make absolutely sure that no part of it is taken from anything like the Player's Handbook or any other officially released material.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    ...make absolutely sure that no part of it is taken from anything like the Player's Handbook or any other officially released material.
    That's the important part! SmiteWorks takes their licenses and the legal voodoo surrounding them very seriously, and the forum mods will jump on anything that is not OGL/SRD-compliant. I'd offered to adapt a class for one of the YouTubers a couple years ago but turns out some of the stuff was not OGL-compliant and the guy refused to do anything about it.

Blog Entries
    The easiest thing to do is to copy the class from the SRD, and then make changes there. As long as the changes are not copying something from another source (like PHB, Volo's etc) then all you have to do is include the OGL in your module.

If, the class includes stuff from the PHB, Volos etc, then instead of posting it here, you can post it on the DMsGuild as the license you have posting there is more generous in some ways than the OGL is.

If you need help or clarification, just ask

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have one concern before I post the module of the class, do things like Extra Attack and the like that can be found across multiple classes count as Copyright Material? I mean they do not rely on any SRD Modules and are written from what the Homebrew Creator states which is similar to the actual SRD for said features. That is my true major concern before I post the module. Aside from that, I think it is ready.

Addendum I also need to update it slightly with the newest updates the homebrew creator made changes too.

I have one concern before I post the module of the class, do things like Extra Attack and the like that can be found across multiple classes count as Copyright Material? I mean they do not rely on any SRD Modules and are written from what the Homebrew Creator states which is similar to the actual SRD for said features. That is my true major concern before I post the module. Aside from that, I think it is ready.
    Is it in the SRD? Maybe page 259: https://media.wizards.com/2016/downl...D-OGL_V5.1.pdf If that covers it, then include the OGL in your module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will do that then and make the edits hopefully sometime this weekend. I do then just link the creation here?

I do then just link the creation here?
    Yep.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information