STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Adventure Edition

Just bought the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and it shows up in my library as the SWADE DM Guide. Does this take the place of the Marshal's Handbook, or do I have to purchase that as well? I know both modules have critters in them, but are they the same critters or different? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Mike
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Marshal's Handbook isn't Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, it's from Deadlands Reloaded. The former is the main rules system whereas the latter is a setting using that rules system as its basis. So essentially you would need both to play Deadlands. That being said it is possible that Deadlands MIGHT need to use the older SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe) rules for its basis, but maybe some other Deadlands aficionados could provide insight into their experiences with using Deadlands with SWADE.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    All the DLC has been retrofitted to work with both SWD and SWADE. Just look in your library for DLR Marshal's Handbook etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Marshal's Handbook isn't Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, it's from Deadlands Reloaded. The former is the main rules system whereas the latter is a setting using that rules system as its basis. So essentially you would need both to play Deadlands. That being said it is possible that Deadlands MIGHT need to use the older SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe) rules for its basis, but maybe some other Deadlands aficionados could provide insight into their experiences with using Deadlands with SWADE.
    With that being said, are you able to switch back in forth in FG between Swade and Swd?
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    If you have a SWD campaign, there are one of two ways: Initially while FG is loading, you'll get a prompt asking if you want to switch to SWADE. I think this might be a one-time popup? Otherwise, once you're in FG you can use the /swade command to switch. However there is no /swd command to switch back. To do that you'd need to exit FG, browse to your campaign folder and edit the campaign.xml to reflect a ruleset of 'SWD' rather than 'SavageWorlds'.

Aki and the rest of us have been careful to retrofit the DLC (and other measures) to ensure compatibility, but I've not tested manually reverting back to SWD so I cannot confirm if any other data in your campaign database was changed for SWADE purposes and could present technical issues in SWD or not.

Thread Information