STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Most of what is needed to play is in the SRD, so work but not huge work to add the additional PHB info.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Great advice everyone. I have been more recently purchasing PDFs for most of the Pathfinder things I don't yet have, and linking that purchase to save on my FG purchases. This is a good deal. I do have some things that I bought in physical books that I will also add manually. I won't add it all. I go through an adventure and find out what items might be referenced to a physical book that I have, and then I can just add those items. I will go through and look at the video tutorials linked above as well. One of the things I want to do is separate my manual entered stuff in the event I break down some day and just buy the PDF and matching FG data.
    Obviously, not legal to share any of my manually entered stuff. A lot of effort goes into the FG sets, and it does save me a lot of time. Well worth it. I have owned FG now for less than a week, but I am enjoying getting under the hood and learning how to use it. I wish I had jumped on the FG train long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot101 View Post
    Obviously, not legal to share any of my manually entered stuff.
    Not necessarily. If we’re talking about Pathfinder, most of the material is released under the OGL. Which allows statblocks, etc. to be shared - you just can’t share images, intellectual IP (descriptive text, etc.). There are already a lot of community OGL modules available for Pathfinder - have a look at the “modules” sticky thread at the top of the Pathfinder sub-forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A question to all here. I am a fan of Dark Sun (I know Im not alone..admit you heathens). DMDave (GREAT GUY!!) Took on the task to convert DS to 5e. How can I take his work and add it into FG for use in adventures and such. Seems Ravenloft (We are running COS right now) would be an ideal setting to bypass the whole isolated world thing. That and I miss playing my fav races/classes (halfling psionic/thief FTW!). There might already be a "how to" and I am missing it. Ill take a gander at the links Zacchaeus posted to see if they can give some insight. Thanks a ton!

Welcome to FG Fruzen (sorry don't know how to do an umlaut).

Yes, you should find enough details in the links in the second post above in respect of adding classes, races and backgrounds. The mechanics might prove more difficult since (I assume) that this would change some things in the ruleset - which would require tinkering with an extension I fear.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I think Im getting it. Adding in races is actually pretty easy, thanks for the video link! I am stuck now though. Adding in a Half-Giant the abilities is odd. Trying to get FG to give the player the ability to split 4 points between STR and CON seems to be confusing the automation lol Any tips? again, thanks a ton!

There is no wording that you can use to automate that kind of thing. It will need to be done manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Does anyone have the files of The of the PHB MM and DMG material manually put in and if so is it possible to send it? or do I have to put everything in myself/buy the books again

Thread Information