5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Any chance FGU will allow players to link/share 'red dragons' from the PHB or any module that they do not own? Currently my players receive the message in chat, "Only records which you own can be shared." anytime they are trying to share anything.

Not in phase one and the consensus is this cannot be added due to copyright concerns. There is a wishlist item for it though

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Not in phase one and the consensus is this cannot be added due to copyright concerns. There is a wishlist item for it though
    Thanks. Fingers-crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Any chance FGU will allow players to link/share 'red dragons' from the PHB or any module that they do not own? Currently my players receive the message in chat, "Only records which you own can be shared." anytime they are trying to share anything.
    Note - the message is not referring to owning a FG library module - that is, having purchased the module. It is referring to FG data record ownership - only the GM and a single user (who created the record, or has been given ownership) can "own" a data record. So, for record from modules like the PHB, only the GM can share them. I highly doubt this will change in FGU any time soon as it is a fundamental underlying principle for FG data, but they may have some ideas that I’m not privy to...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Apologies if this has already been asked. Are the estimated hardware requirements for FG Unity known?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psywolf View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked. Are the estimated hardware requirements for FG Unity known?
    No. But they are not expected to be high. Some of the development team has been testing on ~5 year old mid-grade hardware with no issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Here is an idea for a tier: for the KS beta only, sell individual demo licenses to pledgers that are tied strictly to their own account that they can issue to their players only during the beta period. I’d happily pay $5 or $10 a piece for the privilege of being able to test with my group

Quote Originally Posted by Psywolf View Post
    by my limited knowledge of technology, the Unity version will be even lighter/faster than the Classic. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

It'll run in 64 bits, allowing for the use of more RAM memory, will allow use of more cores from your processor (most in the market are at least Quad-core) and multiprocessing (not sure about multithreading tho') wich means the product will be able to handle lots of functionalities and calculations at once.

If you run any game, you'll be able to run it like the wind. probably a lot more stable than the FGC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    by my limited knowledge of technology, the Unity version will be even lighter/faster than the Classic. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

It'll run in 64 bits, allowing for the use of more RAM memory, will allow use of more cores from your processor (most in the market are at least Quad-core) and multiprocessing (not sure about multithreading tho') wich means the product will be able to handle lots of functionalities and calculations at once.

If you run any game, you'll be able to run it like the wind. probably a lot more stable than the FGC.
    Most computers are multi-core but most applications are not.
    FGU will largely (or solely) use a single core.
    Newer applications with more features are almost never lighter than their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Most computers are multi-core but most applications are not.
    FGU will largely (or solely) use a single core.
    Newer applications with more features are almost never lighter than their predecessors.
    really? Saw someone saying differently.
    But i am not an expert, so...

Thread Information