FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Fantasy Grounds Unity Kickstarter questions

Hello everyone

Im already a Fantasy grounds user, and wanted to pledge the kickstarter, but i have some questions first:

1-Where can i see my serial number? It appears a bunch of *******, and cant see the serial.
    2-When i start it appears 3.3.7 ULTIMATE, what pledge should i pledge?
    3-Where can i see the year i purchased the license? Im pretty sure it was before 2018, but not 100% sure.
    4-Not sure if i got it in steam or on the FG page, does it make any difference?
    5-What happens to everything i bought from DD 5th and sentinels, i can use it with FFU?
    6-What is the pledge i should pledge? Im really confused, when i pledge, its a one time purchase right? and it last forever right?

Thank you and sorry about my english
    [email protected]
    Luis Ramos

LupaShiva,

Here's what I have. Let me know if you have more questions.

1) Your license key can be found in the FG store under Order History (if purchased at FG store) or in the Steam Library under Fantasy Grounds->CD Key (if purchased through Steam)

2) You have an Ultimate license; so you would pick Rookie Upgrade - Ultimate or Veteran Upgrade - Ultimate (depending on when you purchased your Ultimate license)

3) You should be able to find your order date in the FG store under Order History (for FG store purchases) or within Steam (not sure where it's shown in Steam, but I can poke around, if this is the case).

4) The only difference between the FG store and Steam purchase would be where you look up your purchase history and license key.

5) Our plan is to provide as much backward compatibility as possible to existing content, and upgrade any currently available DLC (if needed) to work with the FGU client as well.

6) See answer number 2.

Cheers,
    JPG

1. You won’t need your license key (serial number) at this stage but you can find it in the Store or on Steam wherever you purchased it from. On the store click the store drop down and select purchase history and then click on the date of purchase next to the purchase. On Steam go to the Steam right hand menu (with FG selected) and click on CD key.
    2. If you bought before 2018 then Veteran ultimate upgrade otherwise rookie ultimate upgrade.
    3 as 2
    4. See point 1
    5. All DLC will work with Unity
    6. Yes it is a one off purchase.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you all for the help, it was before 2018, in 2015, so Veteran ultimate upgrade =) Thanks again, going to pledge the Kickstarter this week.

I have a question, my ultimate licence for FG is through my monthly subscription to FG, will that continue with Unity? I am looking at the Kickstarter page, and not sure what I should do, my plan is to continue my subscription
    Last edited by DwightLee; May 1st, 2019 at 23:40.

Nothing is finalized for FGU pricing at this point. As of this point in time, our thought is that the FGC and FGU subscriptions will be separate. Anything else creates a lot of complication in license management, KS planning/funding, and more.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    I have a question, my ultimate licence for FG is through my monthly subscription to FG, will that continue with Unity? I am looking at the Kickstarter page, and not sure what I should do, my plan is to continue my subscription
    If your plan is to continue your subscription then you should continue your subscription, not do anything in the Kickstarter and wait to see what subscription options are available for FGU when it is available in general release in December.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nope, looked over the kickstarter and I want to be involved in this. Going for the ultimate licence package ( $135 ) and then will end my FG subscription afterwards in December when my players can get the demo version for their characters. Thanks Trenloe, your answer was correct, but not what I will end up doing after all. That will give me the beta time to transform my home brew game over to Unity

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    Nope, looked over the kickstarter and I want to be involved in this.
    Cool! Nice one.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just watched Doug's new vid on the FGU new dice macros, and what seems to be missing is a way to add a damage type to a roll. There have been a few times when it would have been really nice to be able to just type a roll and a damage type and have it return something draggable that would take advantage of automated resistances, etc.

Thread Information