DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

FAQs, Tips, How To's...

FAQs, Tips, How To's...

How do you enter the attack information on the combat sheet for a PC:
    1) Right click in the Attack blank area and choose "Add Attack" from the dial menu to add a new attack line.
    2) Enter the name of the attack on the blank line, this can be any text to identify the attack such as "Force Blast", "Punch"
    3) The icon next to the name line is to choose Melee or Ranged. Melee looks like a fist (default) and Ranges looks like an arrow pointing to a circular target.
    4) By clicking on the dark blue arrow near the end of the power line it expands to allow you to fill in the attack and Effect DC info.
    4a) Skill is the base attack roll (Fgt for melee or Dex for ranged)
    4b) Misc wil bee any modifiers for that specific attack either from feats, powers, skills)
    4c) vs. is the defense for the power (Usually Perry or Fortitude bu can be others). Clicking on the box cycles through the options.
    4d) Crit. threat is the critical hit range minimum. Usually 20 but some abilities and powers can affect this.
    4e) Rank is rank of the attack power + adjustments to the save DC from powers, effects, tradeoffs, etc...
    4f) The next to last box is the base save (15 for att. powers, 10 for other powers)
    4g) Finally is the target defense for the save (Usually toughness for damage or Fort, Will, Dodge for other effecte).

That should cover it.

How do you correctly format powers / attacks for an NPC to allow for the system automation.
    The NPC power entry format is:

<fluff text> [Ranged/Close]<Damage> [+/-]Rank</Min-Max Range> <vs [fortitude/will/dodge/parry/toughness]> ([+/-]DC <vs [fortitude/will/dodge/parry/toughness]>);
    Range/Close - indicated the Defense used for the attach Dodge or Parry respectively
    Rank - The total attack bonus for the power (your to-hit roll modifier)
    DC - The total save DC for the attack. You must include the base value (10 or 15) in this number
    Default crit range is 20 to change this follow the DC witlh a / and the range Ex; /19-20
    vs - By default the save goes against thoughness, if a different save is required you need to list it here.

So if I was making a melee attack that required a reflex save it would be "Sweeping Stun Close Damage +12 (+27 vs ref)".

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    for NPC attacks:

Attack +0 (+15/20-20);
    Attack +0 Ranged (+15/20-20);
    Attack +0 (+15/20-20 vs fortitude);
    Attack +0 (+15/20-20 vs will);
    Attack +0 Ranged (+15/20-20 vs fortitude);
    Attack +0 Ranged (+15/20-20 vs will);

This should cover all possible NPC attacks. Let me break the code down, but pardon me, if I get something wrong. It's been a while! (Remember to end all sentences in the "offence category" with an ; to make a solid break from the next item on the list).

Attack +x. X is the "to hit" number.
    The effect number is the +15. Add the effect number to 15. This must balance out the to hit number.
    20-20 is the crit range. If you have a crit range lower than 20, change the first number in the syntax (ie. 18-20 etc).
    Attacks normally compare to Parry, but the "ranged" suffix will make the attack hit Dodge instead.
    "vs fortitude" / vs will" obviously targets Fortitude / Will instead of Parry / Dodge.

And just to make it easy for you, here's the entire list of skills you can put into NPC sheets:

Acrobatics (Agi) +0,
    Athletics (Str) +0,
    Close Combat (Fgt) +0,
    Deception (Pre) +0,
    Expertise (Int) +0,
    Insight (Awe) +0,
    Intimidation (Pre) +0,
    Investigation (Int) +0,
    Perception (Awe) +0,
    Persuasion (Pre) +0,
    Ranged Combat (Dex) +0,
    Sleight of Hand (Dex) +0,
    Stealth (Agi) +0,
    Technology (Int) +0,
    Treatment (Int) +0,
    Vehicles (Dex) +0,

Remember that you can create an npc template with all those attacks and skill pasted into it. Then drag / drop that template npc within the npc list to make a copy, saving you a lot of time creating npc's.

Attacks can be drag / dropped on combat tracker or on tokens on a battlemap, just like any other FG ruleset. This is true for both characters and npc's.

Is there a way to add new book material to FG, so it auto-calculates? I am talking about Power-Effects, Extras, and Flaws. I have all the books but there is no way to save new things like for D&D side of FG

It needs to be done manually, there is no content importer like you can get for D&D 5E. You need to manually create the NPC's, scan and import the maps, copy paste the test blocks etc...

Will there be any updates done to the M&M modules or any new ones added?

That is a good question. In general no, the 3rd party author of the ruleset dropped support shortly after it was created. The FG team do make adjustments to the ruleset as needed to insure it continues to function as they update the base product (FG) but no enhancements or additional content hve come out.

This is not to say that it could never get enhancements or additional content, if another 3rd party were to come along and offer to do it, but as far as I know, FG has no plans to enhance the ruleset or add content in the future, but will continue to maintain it for backwards compatibility.

I would do it but I have a full time job and just don't have the bandwidth to also update this ruleset. To be honest, at this point it would almost be better starting from scratch.

I would but I have no idea how to code. If the person can get paid, let's say from a book they add. Then I could probably recruit some college students. I live in a college town.

Quote Originally Posted by chronoknight420 View Post
    I would but I have no idea how to code. If the person can get paid, let's say from a book they add. Then I could probably recruit some college students. I live in a college town.
    You'll have to talk to FG Reps on what type of compensation they would offer. However I do know that you would likely need to also get Green Ronin on line for them to allow the sale of any official content. They got the OK for the initial ruleset. However updates to the current ruleset should be allowable for sale.

Thread Information