FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
    So I have done a little research (because I'm old and have never heard of gestalt characters before) and I would like to join the group if that is possible. I'm getting back into gaming after about 30 years of RL. I'm familiar with FG and 5E; I haven't been a DM in 30 years so I need cliff notes on how to run the FG DM aspect.

If I'm not a good fit for you and your group, please excuse me and thank you for your time.

Dan (aka Paxman)
    I don't see why not. Nothing's set in stone yet, this is all just getting the idea out there. Play might start in about a month or so, and I'm looking for the group to be about six to eight people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar22 View Post
    Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to participate until later in the evening (8 pm est)on Fridays but I would like to steal your idea MeKonopa if that's ok? I plan to run the more traditional 5e ruleset (no gestalt) but still with the rotating DM's.
    I don't mind you borrowing the idea of the rotating DM's, in fact I think the idea should be more out there so go ahead. As for you not being able to join this group, the dame won't start until 7pm on the WEST coast. If you're still interested the time difference means you should be able to join us no problem.

Alright, so, sorry I've been offline so much, new job's putting me through the wringer but things are starting to even out a bit. Figured I should hop online and get the ball rolling on this, get things voted on and what not.

So, game time will be at 7pm on the west coast, 10pm on the east coast I think. First game I think should be on either June 28th, or July 5th.

The gestalt rules we'll be using : https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gestalt_(5e_Variant_Rule)

I've counted about eight or so people who have said they're interested. I'm be PMing each of you, see if you are still interested, and be creating a discord chat shortly to get the voting process under way so we can get the rules and what not finished and people can start creating characters.

Alrighty then, PMs sent to everyone who's shown interest so far, which is twelve people. As such, I'm not going to accept anymore requests to join at this time, until everyone's gotten back to me and let me know if they're still interested, or able to play in that time slot (or we as a group decide to move the slot a bit).

okay some questions.

would you allow sylvan secrets? my character has a fey blessed family heirloom. and when i dm could we do something in the feywild when i dm?

and can i do point buy instead?

also this character will be a barbarian/ranger and has a sabertooth tiger as a companion. if thats acceptable i'll join.

also i take master herbalist from the natures remedy book i would like to request that one as well.

if a slots open lemme know i guess i was too late.
    Last edited by Sy Tarn; May 19th, 2019 at 03:48.

Hello. My name is Chris and I would be interested in joining your campaign. I have some experience with fantasy grounds but I haven’t played with it yet. I’ve mostly just experimented to see how to operate it. I have been playing dnd since the beginning of 5th edition and I’m currently dming my own local game (it’s soon to be over once shaggy gets the infinity gauntlet) so I’m down to dm in the future.

Love the idea. Times work out I am up for this. If others don't work out.
    Ultimate License
    D&D 5th
    DM: The Chronos Chronic (completed, characters deaths 17th), Elemental Evil (Completed: Victory), A Shift in Domains, Shadows of Power,and Our Fractured Masks.

Welp, that's frustrating. I'm going to be closing this game out for now. Every other player who said they'd be game has withdrawn, and a few didn't actually sign up after all. Part of the responsibility resides with me, as I haven't exactly been pushing the game the past couple weeks (new job has been grinding me into the ground).

Once I'm more aclimated to the new job (and possibly have fewer hours so I can breathe), I'll restart this. Until then, see you all around.

Thread Information