5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I would be intrested in this Depending on the Days and Time. i HAVE 10 + years of DM experience

I would be interested I have been dming for about 4 years now and 2 of those have been on FG and of course I love playing as well. It just depends on the schedule. I am free Most days after 6pm est

Great plan! I am currently running another campaign on FG and have the ultimate license with all books. Please contact me if you are planning on Friday evenings (starting time after 7 pm EST). I am reliable and communicate well with others. I would also be in this for the long run. Those players on this thread who can play on Fridays are welcome as well if MeKonopa is unable to play on fridays.

Whoop, sorry everybody, been insanely busy the past few days. Having read the replies I've missed out on, I'll be editing the opening post with the fantasygrounds license as well as noting it here.

Standard or Ultimate, as everyone will be expected to take a turn DMing.

Alright, now for a bit of a bigger update, since the game idea's been bouncing around in my head and has built upon itself a bit, particularly in how this'll work out.

As we'll all be DM's, pretty much everybody will have a say in how the game's run once I've got the ground work laid out. House rules, rule interpretations, and the like will be left up to a group vote. My role will be that as 'Overworld DM.' I will be responsible for ensuring the continuity across the various games (Say someone accidentally fireballs an orphanage. In previous such set-ups I've played, that person wouldn't suffer the consequences of their actions once a new DM ran. Now, I'll be there to go, "No, you totally blew up a building before. You're seriously wanted by the town guard."), as well as being the tie breaking vote.

A lot of the rules and what I'm going to set in stone are going to be aimed at eliminating uber-power-gaming. I just recently had the honor of playing with the two most toxic players I've ever met, and both were into uber-power-gaming. Even after getting them out of the group we still nearly fell apart due to the other power gaming players there, and I don't want that to happen here. Now, I know gestalt is 'power gaming made easy,' but 5e is a lot more balanced than 3.5e and I'm hoping to capitalize on that so that everyone will have more powerful characters but no one will be, "I AM GOD!!!"

Finally, the possible game times. Please note, these are in no way set in stone. I start my new job tomorrow but I don't know my schedule yet (except for tomorrow), but these are the most likely times I'll have open: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, starting at 7pm, PST. I'll be online tomorrow night to edit those times into something a little more likely.

I know it's early but Friday would work the best for me.

I thought gestalt was for small parties (2 or 3 players) in order to compensate for the small numbers. Why would you want gestalt and minimum 6 players?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuk View Post
    I thought gestalt was for small parties (2 or 3 players) in order to compensate for the small numbers. Why would you want gestalt and minimum 6 players?
    Two reasons: I have more fun playing a gestalt character, and I have more fun playing with more people.

So I have done a little research (because I'm old and have never heard of gestalt characters before) and I would like to join the group if that is possible. I'm getting back into gaming after about 30 years of RL. I'm familiar with FG and 5E; I haven't been a DM in 30 years so I need cliff notes on how to run the FG DM aspect.

If I'm not a good fit for you and your group, please excuse me and thank you for your time.

Dan (aka Paxman)
    Dan

Nebraska (CDT)

"Well, that didn't go as planned....."

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to participate until later in the evening (8 pm est)on Fridays but I would like to steal your idea MeKonopa if that's ok? I plan to run the more traditional 5e ruleset (no gestalt) but still with the rotating DM's.

Thread Information