FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Combat Questions

Hey all, I am trying to understand how to fill out a pc sheet for combat, specifically attack. A general description of how to put for anything close or ranged and for how to put any affliction. I think I am close to figuring it out, but really not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

I saw that, but that is for NPC

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnarq View Post
    Hey all, I am trying to understand how to fill out a pc sheet for combat, specifically attack. A general description of how to put for anything close or ranged and for how to put any affliction. I think I am close to figuring it out, but really not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Actually PC sheets are much more straight forward compared to NPC's. By attacks I am assuming you are refering to the Combat tab bottom portion titled "Attacks" so here goes.

1) Right click in the blank area and choose "Add Attack" from the dial menu to add a new attack line.
    2) Enter the name of the attack on the blank line, this can be any text to identify the attack such as "Force Blast", "Punch"
    3) The icon next to the name line is to choose Melee or Ranged. Melee looks like a fist (default) and Ranges looks like an arrow pointing to a circular target.
    4) By clicking on the dark blue arrow near the end of the power line it expands to allow you to fill in the attack and Effect DC info.
    4a) Skill is the base attack roll (Fgt for melee or Dex for ranged)
    4b) Misc wil bee any modifiers for that specific attack either from feats, powers, skills)
    4c) vs. is the defense for the power (Usually Perry or Fortitude bu can be others). Clicking on the box cycles through the options.
    4d) Crit. threat is the critical hit range minimum. Usually 20 but some abilities and powers can affect this.
    4e) Rank is rank of the attack power + adjustments to the save DC from powers, effects, tradeoffs, etc...
    4f) The next to last box is the base save (15 for att. powers, 10 for other powers)
    4g) Finally is the target defense for the save (Usually toughness for damage or Fort, Will, Dodge for other effecte).

That should cover it.
    Last edited by DrakosDJ; April 28th, 2019 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    hey TheAnarq

see if this post helps you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post435383
    Damned, is there a way to get a stickied thread for FAQ so it stays at the top of the thread.

Awesome this is exactly what i was looking for. A decent amount I figured out with tinkering, but the syntax when testing was just off. I assume with AOE you just do each target individually? Not sure if there is anything on that

Edit: There are many perception range attacks that you just straight role to resist. How do you format that in the number.
    Last edited by TheAnarq; April 28th, 2019 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnarq View Post
    Awesome this is exactly what i was looking for. A decent amount I figured out with tinkering, but the syntax when testing was just off. I assume with AOE you just do each target individually? Not sure if there is anything on that

Edit: There are many perception range attacks that you just straight role to resist. How do you format that in the number.
    This is another attack type that the system doesn't inherently understand, like area attacks. We just have the person roll a resist for their character and compare to the Effect DC manually. I suppose, if you don't mind seeing a superfluous attack roll where the Attack value is set to guarantee a success, then it will still auto roll a save for the hit character but I haven't tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    By attacks I am assuming you are refering to the Combat tab bottom portion titled "Attacks" so here goes.
    I don't even see an area titled "attacks".

It's just defenses and powers

Thread Information