FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question About Moving Maps

Hi Folks!

Pretty new at this whole FG experience, basically I just downloaded the Free version and tinkered with it for 45 min. One question I did have after my short intro was:

Is there a way for the DM to move the map in his client and then have the Players' client(s) see the map move as well?

Appreciate any help with this.

UttiniDaKilrJawa

Welcome to the FG forums!

See the last two options in the viewing section of the Wiki User Guide - Images page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Images#Viewing
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, it looks like I had the right idea. I tried using the Synch Client View a few times, but it did not seem to do anything on the client side. I was using 2 instances of Free FG when I tried this. Does the Synch Client View work in the Free FG mode?

Installing two instances of FG is not a great idea. Usually what you would do to see both DM and player view would be to start FG normally and create or load a campaign. Then start a second instance of FG and join the first instance using localhost in place of the alias or IP address at the join screen. Not at all sure whether that is possible to do with the demo client.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by UttiniDaKilrJawa View Post
    Does the Synch Client View work in the Free FG mode?
    Yes it does.

You can also try re-sharing the image, but this also resizes the image window, which can be very annoying to players who have taken time to setup their various windows they way they want them on the desktop.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the help guys. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the Synch Client View doesn't seem to do anything in the client window. Started a demo campaign then started a 2nd instance of FG and joined localhost. I shared the demo map I chose using the Sharing >> Share Sheet. The map shows up correctly on the client side instance and whenever I add tokens or scribbles to the DM side I see the changes reflected on the client side. Yet, if I move the map on the DM side then go Sharing>>Synch Client View the map on the client side does not change. Not sure whats up.

Blog Entries
    If you want, jump on the FG https://discord.gg/VKbhkSt or FGCollege Discord https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw and see if someone can help you real time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by UttiniDaKilrJawa View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the Synch Client View doesn't seem to do anything in the client window. Started a demo campaign then started a 2nd instance of FG and joined localhost. I shared the demo map I chose using the Sharing >> Share Sheet. The map shows up correctly on the client side instance and whenever I add tokens or scribbles to the DM side I see the changes reflected on the client side. Yet, if I move the map on the DM side then go Sharing>>Synch Client View the map on the client side does not change. Not sure whats up.
    The "Synch client view" does only work when the image is not pushed to the background (by the arrows in the upper right corner) But when the GM or the player has it in the background then it doesn't work There was some discussion about that in the 3.3.7 thread (that was the last big patch)

Did you maybe push the image/map into the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The "Synch client view" does only work when the image is not pushed to the background (by the arrows in the upper right corner) But when the GM or the player has it in the background then it doesn't work There was some discussion about that in the 3.3.7 thread (that was the last big patch)

Did you maybe push the image/map into the background?
    Well this appears to be my problem right here heheh. I was reading those arrows as a way to minimize or maximize a screen. I didn't realize that it pushed the map to the background, thus making it unable to synch the view. Thanks again all.

Thread Information