DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last
    Tip today is about damage absorption. There is an effect "DA" that will allow you to have a bubble of "any" type of protection that will be used until it is gone for damage taken.

Here is an example of what it looks like configured for a priests "Protection from Fire" spell.

The priests damage absorb is 12 points per level of the cleric. Adding "fire" to the end of the value tells what type of damage it will absorb.

There is also a special type of "none" for absorb type. This is for spells like "armor" that don't actually absorb damage but once they've taken X damage it will cause the spell to expire. In the case of armor you get a AC of 8 until you take X damage.

Here is the effect configuration for the Armor spell.

When the bubble reaches 0 or below value the entire effect string is removed. In the case of the Armor spell above, the AC improvement will vanish once the character has taken Level+8 damage. Remember, a value of "none" does not absorb the damage, it just keeps track of whats been done to the character to expire the effect when it's limit is reached. All the others will absorb damage of their type (fire, cold, slashing, piercing/etc).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Two tips in one day... whaaat? I added this really early on in the ruleset because... math. It's little known so here ya go.

When you double click the "wound" field in the CT you get a popup to apply damage/healing.

Enter the value you want to apply, hit green to heal, red for damage.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

OMG THIS!!!!!

I use to use the modifier box to adjust this.... because MATH.

I wish I could give like 20 up votes for that feature.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Also I'm curious, Did Neebs II get killed by this orc? What's the back story here?

I mean have these two really been going at it for 200 rounds??? That would be exhausting, there has to be some bad blood there.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankison View Post
    Also I'm curious, Did Neebs II get killed by this orc? What's the back story here?

I mean have these two really been going at it for 200 rounds??? That would be exhausting, there has to be some bad blood there.
    Neebs the II was killed by the Orc. Neebs the III is still alive thanks to the "death's door" rules I was testing at the same time I decided to post this tip
    ---

I was looking at the stoneskin and mirror image effects too, those are really good. First time I've seen a ruleset actually handle those spells automatically.

In F&A there is a spell called "Shadow Armor" I think, anyway the jist is that the spell alters your AC by 1 point every 4 levels. is there a string that could accommodate this. I really want to nug out the various effect strings.
    -Doug Dougalson

In F&A there is a spell called "Shadow Armor" I think, anyway the jist is that the spell alters your AC by 1 point every 4 levels. is there a string that could accommodate this. I really want to nug out the various effect strings.
    You can try "AC:[$ARCANE/4]" or "AC:[$DIVINE/4]" depending on which spell type it is.

Remember these values are calculated when the effect is applied. IF they level up in the middle of the spell duration it will NOT change unless they re-apply the effect.
    ---

Shouldn't be an issue, the duration of the spell is 1 round/level, I don't level people up in combat. This aint Baldur's gate.
    I was trying every variation of [LVL] I could think of with no success but I see how it works.
    Any plans on a 2e effects wiki? Right now it just goes to the 5e page but I'm already seeing that the 2e has a lot of really cool effect strings.
    -Doug Dougalson

Shouldn't be an issue, the duration of the spell is 1 round/level, I don't level people up in combat. This aint Baldur's gate.
    I was trying every variation of [LVL] I could think of with no success but I see how it works.
    Any plans on a 2e effects wiki? Right now it just goes to the 5e page but I'm already seeing that the 2e has a lot of really cool effect strings.
    At some point. Right now it's just me doing the ruleset and a lot of the content. 5e has the benefit of multiple people on the project I've got a lot of additions to the ruleset, content and various other pieces I want to add so I tend to focus on that. The tips thread here is suppose to help document the "differences" between this ruleset and the 5e one for the meantime.
    ---

I completely understand. I certainly don't want you to wear yourself out. Was just curious. I generally look through the players handbook spells for examples. I just couldn't think of a spell that might work for this one.
    -Doug Dougalson

Thread Information