STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    does the rule set automatically set non-proficiency penalties to character and NPC sheets or do you have to apply them manually?
    PCs will automatically have a non-proficiency penalty applied if they have ZERO proficiencies applied to a weapon.

NPCs do not have non-proficiency penalties applied automatically.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Effects in the ruleset can do some special things. Here is an example of how I setup Ranger's ability versus giants (one of the kits from the rangers handbook).

Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG: [$LEVEL]

This will give the Ranger a +damage bonus to "giant" type creates that equals his level when the effect is applied. Note that this value set when applied. So if the Ranger levels you need to update the effect. To do so remove/re-add the Ranger to the combat tracker.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Some good stuff here, for those who find themselves a little overwhelmed initially, especially folks new to 2E finding interest. That said, I'd love to see the skin theme adopted for 5E. I don't think I'm the only one who can say that I'm well and truly over the glaring sunburn white. And the default FG skin somewhat leaves things to be desired. Would it take much effort to achieve the transition?
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    Some good stuff here, for those who find themselves a little overwhelmed initially, especially folks new to 2E finding interest. That said, I'd love to see the skin theme adopted for 5E. I don't think I'm the only one who can say that I'm well and truly over the glaring sunburn white. And the default FG skin somewhat leaves things to be desired. Would it take much effort to achieve the transition?
    You could try the simple gray or simple brown. It looks like the patch to those didn't go out Tuesday for the buttons on the right so they will be tiny until it does.
    ---

Yeah those themes are just terrible. No offence to whoever made them, but they have no appeal to me at all. I instantly liked the 2E theme the moment I saw it though, which is saying something.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Blog Entries
    "Much effort" Guess that depends on what you mean. Not sure if their are any license restrictions on the existing theme elements, don't think so as long as credit is given and they are distributed for free. But, it would take someone to do it. You can do it, check out these two threads;
    1) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds
    2) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-5e-Themes

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The issue problem with that is that I don't have the assets for it, because they're built into Fantasy Grounds as 2E's default theme like 5E's is. So the only ones who could do it are people with access to the original files I suspect. Unless I'm missing something?

The issue problem with that is that I don't have the assets for it, because they're built into Fantasy Grounds as 2E's default theme like 5E's is. So the only ones who could do it are people with access to the original files I suspect. Unless I'm missing something?
    The 2E.pak file is just a zip file. You can unzip it and see all the art used and can replace those in a theme as you desire.
    ---

Is there a Crit/fumble module planned for the 2E products, if not how would it be to convert the one I bought from Rob2E?

The AD&D ruleset has some pretty neat functionality for defensive wizard spells. For this tip, Mirror Image and Stoneskin.

Here you can see Neebs II had mirror image applied and when the troll attacked the roll results displayed that a image was struck instead of the character.

Here you can see Neebs the II has Stoneskin applied and when the troll attacked the roll results displayed that the attack was deflected by the skin.

When a mirror image or stone skin effect is "hit" a "charge" from the effect is removed. In the case of Stoneskin it applied 3 charges of it and when the troll hit the stoneskin it was reduced to 2.
    ---

Thread Information