FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 13 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Thank you. Itīs solved issue.
    I was no adding any token, just setting the grid and missing the option.... I added the token and everything was perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by galfaroth2000 View Post
    Thank you. Itīs solved issue.
    I was no adding any token, just setting the grid and missing the option.... I added the token and everything was perfect!!
    I'm going to tweak the code so that it only requires a grid to be on the map. The work on FGU had me set the token requirement and it's not necessary for this in FGC.
    Last edited by celestian; April 29th, 2021 at 15:42.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This was AD&D's strength, the amount of optional rules GMs could play with or not. While I used a lot of of the, some I did not. This became a big issue with the Player Options books. Combat & Tactics was great but I didn't use their special initiative, still preferred segments. Skills & Powers, didn't use most of it (broken as it was).

AD&D 2e was great, anyone who says otherwise was either a 1e grognard or someone who forgot what they played or never played it in the first place. When 3e came out, it was very in fashion to mock the game those same players were playing for a decade.

What happened to the option to add items to the encounter sheet? I'm not sure why an older module I created has a weapons line and below it an equipment line, but this option doesn't seem to exist for the current module I am creating. Assuming this has been disabled. Also I am using FGC. Thanks in advance.

Never mind, After re-watching your YouTube videos and re-reading the ruleset tips I realized that I had enabled the 2e options extension was why the earlier module had the item line included in the encounter window.
    Last edited by Felgar; March 27th, 2022 at 02:07.

I added this end of 2021 but it seems many folks are not aware of it.

Table Roll Result to generate item with a random value

check for a @value on a table entry and if it's there set it as the value for the item.

Gem@[1d10+10*10] gp

Would create a item "Gem" (or a copy the linked item) and set the cost to the rolled value.

Another example:

[2d6x]Gem@[3d10+10*10] gp
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Had a question in discord regarding how to copy data around in stories and various other locations and keep the formatting. It would be nice if we could just copy/paste from one source to another but FGU doesn't support that, however you can append data from one source into another using the 2E ruleset.

To do this control-drag the link of one record into another dropping it in the header section of that record.

Copy a ref-manual entry into a blank story record.

Copy a story entry into a NPC record (Orc) description

This works in most records.
    ---

Hi everyone and Celestian. I love the AD&D iteration of Fantasy Grounds, but I'm having some issues with items powers.

Item Powers tab seems to be a unique feature of AD&D (the D&D 5E does not have this tab on items) and I love the cnoncept. However, for some reason, I'm not beeing able to use the powers of the items directly from the Powers Tab.
    For example, the Wand of Frost has the tab Powers with the possibility to cast Ice Storm, Cone of Cold and Wall of Frost. However nothing happens when I click on the Cast, Save, Damage or Effect buttons. I'm not able to drag and drop either.

Hence, I did what I do for the D&D 5E, creating effects in the Character Powers tab. However, to have the item powers in each item is so nice (and something that I really miss in the 5E FG) that have to ask if it is really not working or if there is something that I'm doing wrong.

Best

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by lbkoerich View Post
    Hi everyone and Celestian. I love the AD&D iteration of Fantasy Grounds, but I'm having some issues with items powers.

Item Powers tab seems to be a unique feature of AD&D (the D&D 5E does not have this tab on items) and I love the cnoncept. However, for some reason, I'm not beeing able to use the powers of the items directly from the Powers Tab.
    For example, the Wand of Frost has the tab Powers with the possibility to cast Ice Storm, Cone of Cold and Wall of Frost. However nothing happens when I click on the Cast, Save, Damage or Effect buttons. I'm not able to drag and drop either.

Hence, I did what I do for the D&D 5E, creating effects in the Character Powers tab. However, to have the item powers in each item is so nice (and something that I really miss in the 5E FG) that have to ask if it is really not working or if there is something that I'm doing wrong.

Best

Leo
    I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. I created a new campaign, gave a pc wand of frost, targeted several npcs, clicked cast and it rolled saves for them. I followed up with damage (not show in SS) and it worked as well.

Last edited by celestian; October 8th, 2022 at 18:35.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. I created a new campaign, gave a pc wand of frost, targeted several npcs, clicked cast and it rolled saves for them. I followed up with damage (not show in SS) and it worked as well.

Oh. Now I understand what I was doing wrong. I hadn't seen that item powers would appear in the character's powers tab. I was opening the item, going to the powers tab and trying to use the spells.

sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by lbkoerich View Post
    Oh. Now I understand what I was doing wrong. I hadn't seen that item powers would appear in the character's powers tab. I was opening the item, going to the powers tab and trying to use the spells.

sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply!
    NP, glad you got it working!

Happy frost wanding!
    ---

Thread Information