STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Go into the weapon entry on the Actions tab, change the speed factor on the 2-handed version of the entry to be 3 lower than normal.

Capture1.JPG
    Last edited by JohnD; April 12th, 2020 at 22:12.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HotdogtheBarbarian View Post
    Thanks. I've already created that weapon proficiency, and I can apply it to the trident and spear, long. But now my question is: What is the benefit of applying it to the weapons? By creating it under Weapon Profiencies that helps us to track used proficiency slots (and that's good), but does it appear in the chat window or something?
    If there is no weapon prof applied to a weapon it will have the non-proficiency penalty applied.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

JohnD, that's what I needed, thank you. Celestian, I think I hadn't explained well where I was in the process. Thanks!

Seen a couple questions related to the chat language feature, here is how it works in the 2E ruleset.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Resize a map scale to 5 ft.

If you'd like to change the scale of a map from 10ft to 5ft here is how I do it.

This map has a grid size of 50 pixels. To make the squares 5ft we cut that in half to 25. Then we adjust the unit measurement from 10ft to 5ft.

This is the FGC process:

To start the process right click on the map in the area you'd like to use as a measurement (in most of my maps I place a black square that is the grid alignment box). Remove the existing grid and then re-draw the new one.

FGU is almost exactly the same except they use a different grid sizing overlay.

Last edited by celestian; August 10th, 2020 at 16:32.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Seen a couple questions related to the chat language feature, here is how it works in the 2E ruleset.

I always hope that we'll be given more fonts for the plethora of languages.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Since I've seen a few question on this...

Here is how you switch between Menu buttons and the bar. Changing the Menu/bar settings requires a /reload or restart to take effect.

---

The upcoming Vision/Lighting features in FGU have been added to the 2E ruleset and can be tested now if you enable the "Test" channel.

Do not open a current campaign and backup your files before testing!

Characters with vision option in settings (from racial choices typically) will now automatically be added to their vision when their token is placed on the map. I've also added "effects" to the PHB so that you can add the various types and ranges of vision (and lighting) to a token.

Various monsters in the MM descriptions indicate they have infravision so I've added options to those. In the case of creatures, the "Special Defenses" field can now contain a vision type as well and it will be included on the token when placed on the map.

The strings used in senses (pc) or special defenses (npc) would be "visionType" and the range. So "Infravision 30" would give the pc or npc 30 feet of infravision that has a light "orange" hue. There is also blindsight which gives a "blue" hue to the vision area. Truesight is another type that gives vision in the range in the true color.

The documentation for the general FGU vision and lighting can be found here:

Lightning:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+and+Tokens

Vision:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Vision+on+Maps
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you'd like to change the scale of a map from 10ft to 5ft here is how I do it.

This map has a grid size of 50 pixels. To make the squares 5ft we cut that in half to 25. Then we adjust the unit measurement from 10ft to 5ft.

This is the FGC process:

To start the process right click on the map in the area you'd like to use as a measurement (in most of my maps I place a black square that is the grid alignment box). Remove the existing grid and then re-draw the new one.

Will this feature be back on FGC. I am eager to have it back. (I mean the ability to set the grid size in ft (or any other unit as well))
    Thanks celestian.

Quote Originally Posted by galfaroth2000 View Post
    Will this feature be back on FGC. I am eager to have it back. (I mean the ability to set the grid size in ft (or any other unit as well))
    Thanks celestian.
    Should already be there. I know I broke it at some point with FGU work but in my local copy that should be released by now...it works. Set the grid and add a token, the options should show then.
    ---

Thread Information