DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I updated my FG stuff when I logged on the other day. And when to build a ogre encounter and no Ogre or Ogre Magi showed up in the monster manual. Anyone else have that issue, I know they were there before lol.

just checked on my machine and they are both there, you probably have accidentally turn a filter on

Yeah on a whim I loaded another campaign Ogre's are there but not in the caves of chaos game I'm running hmmm interesting lol.

I am SURE i am staring at the solution, but how do i add a linked Proficiency?
    I see that i can manually add, but is this section not able to drag an drop to the source descriptions?
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    I am SURE i am staring at the solution, but how do i add a linked Proficiency?
    I see that i can manually add, but is this section not able to drag an drop to the source descriptions?
    Drag/drop from skills records? Unless I misunderstand what you're looking for...

If you mean weapon proficiencies there is not a static list of those since that list would be massive and change every time a new weapon was added. You can drag/drop a weapon onto the skills tab page and it will create a entry for that weapon name.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I will do a screenshot later thanks
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

Ahh, i see what you mean about weapons, just saw that the non-weapons work as I originally thought.
    Thanks for the info!!
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

One of the things I noticed when creating FG modules (converting) that you could have a kobold but one needed better ac, another need more hp and yet more needed various weapons.

These options in the "encounter" window allow you to set specific ac/hp/weapons for the creatures without having to have 20 different kobold npc entries in your npc records. You can drag/drop weapons into the "weapons" slots and it will add it. Just make sure the module includes the weapon you give them so that when it's spawned it can find the weapon to add.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There is a little known feature that allows you to take the descriptive text from one thing and put it in another. The basics of it is if you hold control while drag and drop a object into the "header" area of most objects it will append the text into that object. The target object cannot be "locked".

Here you can see where I took a ref-manual entry and placed it into a "New Story" story. You can also see where I took a Story entry and placed it into the description field of a "New Power" (spell/power). You can do the same thing in almost any area. NPCs, Spells, Items, Classes/Races/Kits, Features and Traits within classes/races/kits/etc.

---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Effects in the ruleset can do some special things. Here is an example of how I setup Ranger's ability versus giants (one of the kits from the rangers handbook).

Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG: [$LEVEL]

This will give the Ranger a +damage bonus to "giant" type creates that equals his level when the effect is applied. Note that this value set when applied. So if the Ranger levels you need to update the effect. To do so remove/re-add the Ranger to the combat tracker.
    This is a lifesaver! Can you go boolean and (pun) OR multiple creature types in by way of adding another IFT:Type - string after each? Or do they need to go as seperate effects?

Thread Information