DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 81 of 110 First ... 3171798081828391 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I ran Tab's db.xml file on my "workshop" version of the DCC ruleset, and I only see this crit bug when I run from the official ruleset. I must have missed something when I uploaded the changes to Smiteworks. I will post again when I figure it out!

Blog Entries
    It looks like the critical hit script did not upload with the rest of the ruleset changes. I will submit these fixes today for the regular Tuesday update.

Blog Entries
    Here are the updates for the past couple days:

2-3-2022
    [Fixed] Script error when opening magic meta dialog box on character sheet.
    [Fixed] Critical hit rolls for PCs always use a d4 on table I.
    [Updated] Added concentration effects to spell action data. Reparse spell actions to apply.

2-2-2022
    [Fixed] Spells and other powers are not using the correct casting table for chat message result notification.
    [Fixed] Script error on successful spell check roll when 'Show mercurial magic effect' option is on.
    [Fixed] Script error when opening magic meta dialog box on character sheet (first attempt).

Hello to all.

First of all, please excuse my English, I am French.

I'm a beginner on FG, I've only done a few games in a few years. I own the Ultimate version of FG Classics and, because I'm a bit of a freak, I just bought an Ultimate version of FG Unity.

Tonight I just bought Dungeon Crawl Classics (very goooood). I opened it on both versions of Fantasy Grounds, the classic and the Unity. And I spotted a noticeable difference... which bugs me a bit; on Fantasy Grounds Classic, there is a Rule module for the Judge (Dungeon Crawl Classic Roleplaying game) and a module for the players (Dungeon Crawl Classic Roleplaying game - Player). On Fantasy Grounds Unity, I can't find the module for the players.

Is this normal?

Did I make a mistake in the installation?

I am on Steam. When I purchased Dungeon Crawl Classic, it was installed by default on my FG Classic. I copied the file "GGDCCGMG5070T.dat" from the "vault" folder of FG Classic to the vault folder of FG Unity. After searching in all the other folders, I couldn't find anything else about DCC.

I just don't want to encounter any more surprises. Does Unity not recognise the player manual or does it present it differently?

Thanks for your help...

Blog Entries
    Hi Edgar,

FG Unity has one module for the core rules, same as the printed product. The core rulebook does not designate a specific player section. Even the “judge’s rules” chapter contains patron spells and other rules about magic that players need to access, and splitting that up creates confusion. Since FG Classic is no longer supported with updates, this change only applied to FG Unity. Everything sounds like it’s working as intended on your end.

Cheers,
    Leo

Hi there, I'm having trouble with spell tables functioning properly in the DCC RPG ruleset on Fantasy Grounds Unity. When I cast a spell added to a character or NPC directly from Spells window, I always get the error "Unable to find casting table result for '[spell name]'."

Any suggestions on what I can try to fix this issue?

According to the records in the chat window when I first load FGU, it's loading the DCC RPG ruleset (v2022-01-28), the Core RPG ruleset (v2022-01-04), and DCC Desktop Decals. I always check for updates before loading a campaign.

Check to see if you have the Core Rules modules loaded after you have the campaign loaded and open.
    The book icon needs to be open with a green check mark.

Players will need to have it loaded on their end too.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

It sounds like you have the latest version, so no issues there. If you click the shortcut link (brown circle icon in the default theme - see screenshot), does the casting table have the expected results? Typically, you see that error when the roll result does not match up with a result range in the casting table. If you're using spells from the core rules, everything should be set up properly. Let me know if the casting table checks out for you, and we'll see if we can figure this out.

Cheers,
    Leo

screenshot.jpg

Blog Entries
    Spell tables don't require the module to be open. The casting table becomes part of the char sheet database (and therefore part of the campaign) when you add the spell. On the other hand, crit/fumble and disapproval rolls often reference tables from a module, and those of course do require that the source module is open for whoever is initiating the roll, as RaSepReTep mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Hi,

It sounds like you have the latest version, so no issues there. If you click the shortcut link (brown circle icon in the default theme - see screenshot), does the casting table have the expected results? Typically, you see that error when the roll result does not match up with a result range in the casting table. If you're using spells from the core rules, everything should be set up properly. Let me know if the casting table checks out for you, and we'll see if we can figure this out.

Cheers,
    Leo

screenshot.jpg
    Aha, looks like that might be the issue. My spell table for Comprehend Languages is showing up differently than yours.

Spell-issue-table.png

Thread Information