FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 76 of 109 First ... 2666747576777886 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hehe indeed- I forgot to mention *how* to add the custom effects on the character's copy of the spell, so your response is still relevant! Let us know if you're still struggling, PJ.
    Thank you all so much - you’re the best! I’ll give these a try for sure.

This forum is made up of the most supportive and helpful online community members anywhere. Happy Holidays (I know, I’m early but they’re coming…warp speed ahead) to each and every one of you.
    PJ

Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.
    Thanks Ramza! I will put that on my list for the next update.

Hey Leo, I think I have discovered another bug. When creating Custom Effects that last for more than 1 round the Effect Duration counts down by 2 every round instead of just 1 per round. So if an Effect Duration is set for 1 or 2 rounds it expires at the end of 1 round; if duration is set for 3 or 4 rounds it expires at the end of 2 rounds. I tested this on a clean load with no extensions.

It does the double count down on spell effects too, so it seems universal. I tried both friendly buff spells on allies and debuffs on enemies.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; December 9th, 2021 at 16:24.

Blog Entries
    That is definitely a bug. I fixed it a few weeks ago, but all ruleset updates are on hold for the CoreRPG changes currently in beta. Sorry about the trouble - I think the Test channel is running the bug fix. If not, then it will just have to wait until I get the go-ahead to update the ruleset.

While we're on the topic, I have a few other updates in the works:
    * Duration added to "onHover" display for mini actions - useful for judges running NPCs with spells that have lots of effects.
    * Slash command /funnel adds contents of pushcart.
    * Slash command /funnel updates max ammo in weapons list.
    * 'Unable to find table' error message now includes table name.
    * Improved parsing of NPC special properties for resistance, immunity, and vulnerability.
    Last edited by leozelig; December 9th, 2021 at 18:19.

Blog Entries
    Are you still running a regular game, Tab? I have some extra time these days, wouldn't mind playing some DCC if you have space.

I'm running a regular game on Wednesday nights, starting 7:30 pm EST; currently have 4-5 players. You're welcome to join. I'm usually running published adventures with few modifications. Currently we are about half way through The Emerald Enchanter. The party is roughly 2nd-3rd level. My players each have a stable of characters so they don't always run the same characters and have been running two characters at a time most of the time. If we go to 6 players I'll likely drop it down to one character per player with maybe a 0-level henchman. Legacy characters are welcome (while reserving the right to deny specific magic items).

Blog Entries
    Awesome! I will message you on Discord, and maybe you can make some space for me

Blog Entries
    I'm making good progress on parsing actions from custom spells. For example, when you drop a custom spell to the Actions tab on your char sheet, the ruleset will recognize the phrase 'DC 15 Reflex save' and add the appropriate save action for that. I've finished saves, damage, healing, and some effects (DMG, DMGO, and conditions). There might be some imperfections or duplications, but it will be better than nothing. Currently, only the core rules spells automatically add actions, and those are coded into the ruleset. The core rules are a good starting point for formatting guidelines, but I plan to post a thread with most of the trigger phrases in case that's not working for you.

Blog Entries
    Thinking about revisiting an automatic increase in disapproval range. In the past, my concern has been that the extra automation would be confusing because you don't really see it happening, but a chat message might help with that...

disapproval range auto-increase.jpg

Thread Information