DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 66 of 109 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    I checked my Classic version and the DCC ruleset appeared as normal. I could open an existing campaign and start a new one. Not sure what that problem could be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I checked my Classic version and the DCC ruleset appeared as normal. I could open an existing campaign and start a new one. Not sure what that problem could be.
    Thanks for checking that, Tab! I suspect the issue is not the ruleset.

Hey Leozelig, in playing tonight I had to keep fiddling with the Modifier +/- window to effect ranged combat and I got to wondering if there is any way to make this a more stream-lined process. I don't have any definite solutions at this time but just feel like there could be someway to make these tools more readily available such as having them display on the combat tracker, the map, and/or on players sheets. It seems like to many buttons to put on a character sheet, but displaying on the map like the targeting buttons do would possibly be useful. Also is there any way to link a ranged weapon on an NPC sheet to the item to see its range easily. I likely just need to write the ranges for a weapon on future monsters so that it shows up on the combat tracker. Thoughts anyone?

Another ruleset does this (see imgae) where you can click on the item link to show you the details of the weapon:
    Item link to combat tracker.PNG
    Last edited by Tabarkus; June 17th, 2021 at 04:15.

Blog Entries
    I agree that the modifier buttons are a little clumsy to use. You should be able to drag a modifier button to a hotkey, although I’ve never tried this myself. Some things are easier to do manually - for example entering a -2 penalty in the modifier box for a med range attack.

For NPC attacks, Goodman Games often lists the range in the damage clause, but probably not for basic ranged weapons. For the record, keep that text when it’s there because it doesn’t disrupt the damage parsing in FG. You can create a hotkey for the weapons list from the library link - the one with all the weapon ranges that matches the rulebook format. I’m sure you know this, but for others who might not, if you find yourself pulling something up repeatedly during a session, hotkeys are very useful (and possibly under appreciated) and can be used for just about anything including reference manual pages.

I tried to preserve the Goodman Games format for NPC entries rather than copy the 5E ruleset, which is also setup to mostly match the NPC entries from that system. Changing that now would require a ton of work and possibly disrupt a bunch of other products. WotC was organized enough to apply a consistent format to everything from items to spells to monsters, which happens to make converting to a VTT much easier. Goodman Games’ editing and layout is much more inconsistent to say the least. Even certain effects like blindness don’t have a well-defined mechanic.

Gothcha, the modifier buttons don't drag but I can recreate them in the custom Effects and drag those to the hotbar easy enough. I've been using my hotbar extensively for quick reference manual links but now that I know DCC better I can relegate most of those to the Shift-Ctrl-Alt hotbars and use the main one for quick effects; and then make a note with ranged weapons and add that to the hotbar too. Thanks for helping me think it through, I knew there would be a good work around!

Blog Entries
    No problem, Tab! It’s not perfect, but it works. I wish it was as sleek as the 5E ruleset, but there are clearly different editing standards at play with the two publishers

Hey Leozelig, I noticed the filters for the DIECHK: effect are not working; i.e., adding strength, agility, etc to the effect disables it. So, "DIECHK: 1" works but "DIECHK: 1 strength" does not work. The filters work for the other effects.

Blog Entries
    I will take a look - it’s possible that I set it up without filters, which would be easy to fix. I plan to catch up on some updates for the DCC ruleset now that MCC is finished.

I'm trying to change the fumble die on an NPC but I can't seem to get it to take. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Tried d16, 1d16, Banded mail, and (Banded mail). Tell me the secret phrase please!

Blog Entries
    d16 in the Fumble field or (banded mail) appended to the AC value. The format for the Fumble field is the same as Crits: <die>/<table>. The default fumble table is assumed if not specified.

The ruleset is due for some maintenance. I haven’t changed anything recently, so it would be strange if it suddenly stopped working, but let me know if that doesn’t work.
    Last edited by leozelig; July 8th, 2021 at 11:27.

Thread Information